Honored Contributor

Do You Always Have A Green Vegetable In A Main Meal?

Green vegetables are among the most nutrient rich of the vegetable family.

I love salads, green beans, broccoli, okra, and all the rest of the vegetables with a very few exceptions.

I'll always stir fry vegetables, or make a medly, or a salad to go with dinner.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Always Have A Green Vegetable In A Main Meal?

I love salads and I usually have one for lunch or dinner daily.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

No. I had some broccoli with lunch today, but it was more brown than green after the cafeteria finished. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Hello sweet girl, I I need to respond to your email...love you.

When my girls were living at home we'd have 3 or 4 vegetables (and usually a meat) with every meal.  The joke was we'd have more vegetables with everything.  My girls loved spinach and broccoli, things like that.

I'm not a great (maybe not even good) cook but I do make good lasagna and I guess spaghetti.  Even then we would have a salad and green beans.  I love, love green beans (just the one's from the can).  I can even eat them cold from the can!  They are like cookies to me...weird, I know.  I do make good spinach, add a little sald and butter, cook, yummmmm!!!  Now I'm hungry again and I just ate at Red Robin restaurant.  Had fried chicken sandwich, milkshake, french fries....gotta go get a snack!

Honored Contributor

Always some kind of green salad with dinner.  

Respected Contributor

Usually here also. I like colors on my plate.

Trusted Contributor

I prefer a salad vs a cooked green vegetable, but now have to limit them due to the medical needs of my elderly mother. She is on a blood thinner and has to be mindful of how many green vegs she eats in order to keep the Vit K in check and not interfere with her medicine. Can't eat greens every day. But I can!!!  Since I prepare the meals for her I have to be careful with her menu.

Respected Contributor

I prefer salads rather than cooked vegetables.  I fixed broccoli tonight.  Husband likes it and I tried to ead it but it was a no go.  It actually makes me gag.  My doctor wants me to eat lots of green leafy vegetables.  I can usually get them in a salad so that works best for me. 

Honored Contributor

green veggies are my main meal.....

Honored Contributor

Everyone in this house likes a different vegetable.   My husband's vegetable of choice is corn, or beets.   Teacher daughter loves green beans and broccoli.   Trucker daughter prefers asparagus and peas.   I like the combo of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, and also love sweet potatoes.