Respected Contributor

I was complaining to a friend about brown spots on my silverware using Cascade gel.  I have a water softener, so I use 1/2 the amount of soap they call for.  Pods over suds and cause problems. She recommended a powder from a company called Dirty Labs.  I ordered it from Amazon and tried it.  It's a bio enzyme and It is far and away the best dishwasher detergent I've ever used.  You only use a tablespoon.  My dishes were so clean and shiny and my dishwasher looked like I polished it.  It even took off burned on milk from a scalloped potato dish.  It's more expensive then the name brands, but it works better.  Since I only need half the amount a container will last me a long time. Just wanted to share

Honored Contributor

They also have a laundry detergent, i have not bought though.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

went to their website......that powder is much more expensive than the triple action pods that i get at samsclub! 48 loads for $18. the pods at sams club are as low as $19 for 105 loads.

i guess if the pods dont work well for you then you have to do what you have to do!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have Fisher Paykel Dishwasher drawers. They only take powder dishwasher detergent. I can't use gels or liquid. I just use Cascade Complete powder. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

went to their website......that powder is much more expensive than the triple action pods that i get at samsclub! 48 loads for $18. the pods at sams club are as low as $19 for 105 loads.

i guess if the pods dont work well for you then you have to do what you have to do!

It is more expensive.  Lucky for me I only need to run my dishwasher every other day and I only use a 1/2 tablespoon.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

They also have a laundry detergent, i have not bought though.

If it works half as good as their dishwasher soap, I may try it.  Thanks for the info

Honored Contributor

@ID2 ............What are dishwasher drawers?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Re: Dishwasher Powder

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine Interesting.  I just looked at their website.  Which scent did you choose?  The reviews mention loving the scent but they don't say which scent they're talking about.  The lemon sounds good in the dishwasher but in the laundry detergent, I'm not sure what would be best -- maybe "signature."  

Thanks for this recommendation.

Respected Contributor

@ID2   Don't you love your dishwashing drawers? I love them every single day!

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@brandiwine Interesting.  I just looked at their website.  Which scent did you choose?  The reviews mention loving the scent but they don't say which scent they're talking about.  The lemon sounds good in the dishwasher but in the laundry detergent, I'm not sure what would be best -- maybe "signature."  

Thanks for this recommendation.

I got the lemon, not the unscented.  When I open the dishwasher, I don't smell lemon, it's just fresh.  No chemical scent like Cascade or finish.