Honored Contributor

Re: Dishware that makes me smile! Pioneer Woman and whimsy.

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Our kitchen is pretty neutral decor wise. During the first half our marriage I was changing our dinnerware ever few years.  Then I went crazy collecting tons of Longaberger pottery.  I still love it after more than 20 years so instead of new dinnerware, I recently added a number of Pioneer Woman accents in assorted patterns  - shelf liner, toaster, electric hot water pot, mug tree, mason jars, spoon rest, enameled cast iron casserole, etc. and I just redid all of my spices and have them in PW spice jars. Oh, I have PW decals on the Kitchaide stand mixer too.  

@JeanLouiseFinch : Is it this one?

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 4.01.32 AM.png

@1Professor  Thank you!  Yes, that’s it.  A 2-slicer is fine for DH and I.  It's lightweight and may feel a little chintzy to some people, but it does a nice job.  DH likes it sitting out, which actually surprised me.  I’m going along with it for the time being, but I'm used to keeping the toaster put away when not in use.  It'll be in the cabinet before too long.

Honored Contributor

I had a set of embossed dishes, similar to the turquoise.  The only reason I got rid of them was because with the wide border there wasn't enough plate for food.

Respected Contributor

I love PW's pieces. As for smiling, I've never seen one which didn't bring a smile to my face, either.

And I LOVE Fiestaware. Sunday Morning had a feature a few years ago about this still-made in the USA brand. The history was very interesting. And they interviewed a man whose mom had been fond of FW and was an avid collector. He spoke of the nice memories he had, and how the colors always made him happy as a child. So, he ended up adding pieces to his mom's collection. He took the program host into the room dedicated to his Fiestaware, and I'd never seen so much FW. He called it "The Great Wall of China!"

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor : Those globets are very nice. Love the Pioneer woman dishes. Although her dishes are made in China, they are gorgeous. I have Martha Stewart white dishes, basketware pattern. They are also made in China too.

I would try to add the Fiesta dishes in case I buy them.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

These dishes are so darn pretty!  I donated a couple sets of dishes a while ago, getting ready for our eventual downsizing.  I do have some Spode blue and white dishes (each a different blue and white pattern) that I have collected through the years.  A few pieces of this set would jazz things up....I am trying not to cave!  And those goblets are so pretty, too!

@PamfromCT : I envy you the Spode blue and white. I always wanted Blue Willow, but it never happened!

Blue Spode (for blue lovers to enjoy):

91JkjLhsonL._SX425_.jpg

spode-blue-room-10-5-georgian-scenes-plates-set-of-6-99.jpg

Lush. Tiny stories buried in the images!

Blue Willow, my lost love:

blue-willow-dinnerware-sets-blue-willow-dinnerware-sets-blue-willow-plates-vintage-nib-mint-complete-4-serving-set-pieces-flow-burleigh-blue-willow-dinner-set-blue-willow-china-sets.jpg

P0000037565S0002T2.jpg

@1Professor  Lovely! I especially love that mug in the 1st pic. The shape of the handle is quite unique Smiley Happy