Honored Contributor

Re: Dishware that makes me smile! Pioneer Woman and whimsy.

@1Professor 

I absolutely love all her pieces!  They are so colorful and I've slowly been selling my excess Temptations pieces. (I only use for tableware not baking in oven).

A few years I started a limited collection of Fiesta.  Picking colors to blend with my tableware pieces.

I now have purchased full white dinnerware and I just mix & match based on my tablescapes.

But, I have to admit it - I go to WM and always go to the PW aisle & last week came home with cute custard cups and the spoon rest like you have here.

So colorful and her things that I have are nice.  Thought for sure she'd sell on Q like Rachael Ray but guess she had bigger $$ from WM.

Enjoy!  Love the glasses too!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 : Thanks so much. All white dinnerware is a great choice, you can add pieces of whimsy!

Honored Contributor

I have the Fiestawear in white and some PW soup bowls in a variety of patterns, I never thought to pair it up with the FW. I use my Armitale with the FW, but there's certainly no whimsy in that combo.

Esteemed Contributor

The PW dinnerware is so pretty, but I have to wonder how long it will last compared to Fiesta, which lasts forever.  I’ll stick with my Fiesta, but we all need to go with whatever makes us happy. Life’s too short not to!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I'm so disenchanted in my search for dinnerware. Might as well get some white Corelle and be done with it. 

Respected Contributor

@1Professor   I have her turquoise cookie jar in the same pattern as your glasses and a round clear covered casserole in that pattern. I also have a serving bowl with the fluted edges and a serving platter in antique white.  Best of all, they were all on sale.

I wanted the glasses that you depict, but they were out of them, even online, at the time I purchased from this line last year. 

So you can see I like your choices and agree it is pleasing to swap out pieces of kitchenware and give ourselves a little lift in spirits.  I enjoy cooking and like to have pretty things to use to serve the food I've prepared. 

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT   Don't you just enjoy bargain hunting!  I guess our Connecticut Yankee and Nutmegger State thrifty traits show.  I love a deep sale--it's part of the thrill for me when I go shopping.  

I retired almost two years ago from my job in Connecticut and relocated to DC to be near my grown daughter, son and grandsons. 

Honored Contributor

OP---love your pics and love the dishes and glasses too---I am a Fiesta girl as of just a few years ago--got rid of my boring white junk---need a place to display my dishes in all their many bright, happy,  colors----they are living behind cabinet doors right now---Man Sad--

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

OP---love your pics and love the dishes and glasses too---I am a Fiesta girl as of just a few years ago--got rid of my boring white junk---need a place to display my dishes in all their many bright, happy,  colors----they are living behind cabinet doors right now---Man Sad--

@wagirl : Simply remove the cabinet doors. Really.

Radical. I did. Now I can see happy colors all the time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My dinnerware is Franciscan Hacienda pattern stoneware that I got in the 70's. If I were do it over again I would find a nice white collection of dishware and then build upon it with other colorful items as accent pieces. I think that would be so much fun.