Honored Contributor

Re: Dishware that makes me smile! Pioneer Woman and whimsy.

@1Professor  No spring cleaning kitchen do-overs here quite yet, but do love the dishes and glasses you chose. As you might remember, I'm a dish lover too, and have accumulated way too many, so willl probably have to pass on adding more, but they are just lovely. I might have to consider a couple of the goblets, though...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Incidentally, the teal floral, below, and currently sold out red floral dishware is also very pretty, though I do prefer the original blue...

The Pioneer Woman Vintage Floral Red 12-Piece Dinnerware Set

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor  No spring cleaning kitchen do-overs here quite yet, but do love the dishes and glasses you chose. As you might remember, I'm a dish lover too, and have accumulated way too many, so willl probably have to pass on adding more, but they are just lovely. I might have to consider a couple of the goblets, though...

@stevieb : I am amazed at how happy new dishes have made me. The cobalt blue design. Need cobalt blue goblets,too, I suspect.

Things we see, wear, use daily—our brains become habituated. Life is way too short not to indulge in new dishes. Plus a crisis shelter benefited . . .

Honored Contributor

@1Professor  I have an armoire full of dishes and I enjoy changing out those in the kitchen cabinet from time to time. Those in my cabinet are used day to day and, as you note, exchanging them with some of those in the armoire puts a fresh face on things... It used to be that when I saw pretty dishes, I'd buy a place setting or two for this express purpose... I don't entertain more than a handful of people all that often, so this works for me... On those rare occasions when I need a matching set, I have several, but almost never use them, because a pretty table can be set by mixing and matching... As for the cobalt, yes, I think so... I love cobalt glass... Have a set of larger cobalt mugs that I use regularly...

Honored Contributor

@1Professor 

Oh boy....I'm gonna blame you!  Went to WM today they had a small "clearance" section of PW stuff🙄

I bought these:

FE6B456C-7A94-42E9-9BA1-726DEA2CAD1C.jpegand these:F919C5BF-D426-47B0-B149-60943C6DFCC3.jpeg

Did I mention I'm doing community yard sale & selling lots of Temptations, fiesta & other dishes....well, gotta make room for my new things!!!😉

These are so colorful!!! I have no idea what or where/when I'll use them, but, price was too good to pass up!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@1Professor 

Oh boy....I'm gonna blame you!  Went to WM today they had a small "clearance" section of PW stuff🙄

I bought these:

FE6B456C-7A94-42E9-9BA1-726DEA2CAD1C.jpegand these:F919C5BF-D426-47B0-B149-60943C6DFCC3.jpeg

Did I mention I'm doing community yard sale & selling lots of Temptations, fiesta & other dishes....well, gotta make room for my new things!!!😉

These are so colorful!!! I have no idea what or where/when I'll use them, but, price was too good to pass up!

@homedecor1 : You scored, these are fabulous!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our kitchen is pretty neutral decor wise. During the first half our marriage I was changing our dinnerware ever few years.  Then I went crazy collecting tons of Longaberger pottery.  I still love it after more than 20 years so instead of new dinnerware, I recently added a number of Pioneer Woman accents in assorted patterns  - shelf liner, toaster, electric hot water pot, mug tree, mason jars, spoon rest, enameled cast iron casserole, etc. and I just redid all of my spices and have them in PW spice jars. Oh, I have PW decals on the Kitchenaide stand mixer too.  

Contributor

You are awesome.  I really enjoyed looking at your treasures.  Good for you. =^.^=

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Our kitchen is pretty neutral decor wise. During the first half our marriage I was changing our dinnerware ever few years.  Then I went crazy collecting tons of Longaberger pottery.  I still love it after more than 20 years so instead of new dinnerware, I recently added a number of Pioneer Woman accents in assorted patterns  - shelf liner, toaster, electric hot water pot, mug tree, mason jars, spoon rest, enameled cast iron casserole, etc. and I just redid all of my spices and have them in PW spice jars. Oh, I have PW decals on the Kitchaide stand mixer too.  

@JeanLouiseFinch : Lovely adaptations. I have wanted one of her toasters for awhile.

One, I don't have a toaster at all now.

Two, I love the idea of a happy floral patterned toaster!

Three, it just sits out on the counter, smiling . . .

Do you have an image of your PW toaster?

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Our kitchen is pretty neutral decor wise. During the first half our marriage I was changing our dinnerware ever few years.  Then I went crazy collecting tons of Longaberger pottery.  I still love it after more than 20 years so instead of new dinnerware, I recently added a number of Pioneer Woman accents in assorted patterns  - shelf liner, toaster, electric hot water pot, mug tree, mason jars, spoon rest, enameled cast iron casserole, etc. and I just redid all of my spices and have them in PW spice jars. Oh, I have PW decals on the Kitchaide stand mixer too.  

@JeanLouiseFinch : Is it this one?

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 4.01.32 AM.png