Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dishware that makes me smile! Pioneer Woman and whimsy.

I haven't checked out the PW dishes yet, but does anyone know if they are made in China.  I know Fiesta is USA made by Homer Laughlin.

Honored Contributor

Oh my I want those blue with roses !

Hope I can track them down, now. LOL

Honored Contributor

Wonder what the name is of the 4 piece place setting?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Wonder what the name is of the 4 piece place setting?

s-l1600.jpg

@SharkE    Walmart has it, eBay, too.

Honored Contributor

I'll print out and take pic with me to my local walmarts

Thank you !

Honored Contributor

I checked out PW dinnerware at my Walmart when it first came out. Didn’t buy. I don’t like the feel of it. I get that it is a lower pricepoint but it feels cheap to me and easily breakable.

However, I do have a fair amount of her bedding and pillows. I purchased on sale and I am very happy with them - very pretty happy colors.
Valued Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I haven't checked out the PW dishes yet, but does anyone know if they are made in China.  I know Fiesta is USA made by Homer Laughlin.

@Patriot3 I would imagine they are made in China, the prices are very affordable at Walmart.  You are just not going to get something American made for that low price unfortunately.  They are really pretty though & very colorful, but I just don't have any confidence in dishes made in China. 

If they were made in America I would definitely buy them!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor 

Very pretty.   If you want to get rid of any of your cobalt blue FW, I'll take it.   Smiley Wink     I just bought 6 dinner plates to mix with my Vietri Colore that I've had since 1991.  I just can't part with what's left of it after breakage and chipping so I'm mixing it in with the FW.   It looks nice.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@1Professor-----oh professor---my kitchen would then look 10x worse than it already does---it's 33 years old wth fake wood cabinets and nasty formica door fronts----and a horrible range hood that throws greasy stuff all over so I would forever cleaning-----a stick of dynamite would be such an improvement !!! but I would have to get my beloved fiestaware out firstMan Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Patriot3  Yes, they are made in China. When they first came out all her fans on her website had a fit that they were made there. There were many pages calling her out. Now I don’t think anyone cares.