Respected Contributor

Dishware that makes me smile! Pioneer Woman and whimsy.

I'm a long-time collector of Fiestaware and I mix the colors up. As a researcher, I realize that our brains adore Novelty, so when I can make a whimsical change in things I use every day, I often do.

I was doing a Spring Clean on my kitchen cabinets, and realized I could purge many of my Fiesta dishware pieces. Then, online, I stumbled on:

Heritage_floral_dw.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Pioneer Woman's new pattern, with cobalt blue and red roses and I was hooked. Adore cobalt blue in dishware. Actually tracked down a Walmart store to see it in person! The price is affordable. I only needed a set for 4.

Also purged my mismatched glasses and bought these lovely turquoise ones:

3621f5e8-6df3-4e5c-a83f-a194c81f8efb_1.aaa5c06d6bfc1842e7215703daaf45c0.jpeg

Now I'm thinking of supplementing with a second set of 4 dishes in the turquoise. The "Paige" I assume after her daughter:

51x4L3P5HQL._SX425_.jpg

My local donation store supports our county crisis center and they were thrilled to get boxes of Fiestaware (I kept special pieces, though). Haven't done Spring Cleaning in my kitchen in ages.

Also cleaned out all my kitchen drawers, using Pioneer Woman pieces that make me smile:

0c8fef43-8b02-4c28-bde5-b1385918f874_2.34b7e0f9263345a311e6d4675360e79a.jpeg

51Z2qhdm00L._SX466_.jpg

My flatware is colorful Fiesta.

Plus a blue spoon holder, reminding me to Make Life Delicious:

81BDOo28X9L._SX425_.jpg

Love to hear Spring Kitchen Do-Overs, decluttering adventures.

Anyone using Pioneer Woman dishware? @Sharke @homedecorator  @Witchy Woman @Snoop @Emmysmom + all!

{Unlike with clothing, which many of us switch out and donate, we are often programmed that it would be a waste to get rid of perfectly good kitchen ware . . .}

Honored Contributor

Re: Dishware that makes me smile! Pioneer Woman and whimsy.

I love the fluted edge or the bowls and the silverware organizer

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I have Fiestaware in a mix of colors have added the Pioneer Woman serving pieces, salt & Pepper, etc to round it out.  Picked up her pasta bowls on sale a few months ago.  I find it all works together nicely and makes me happy!

Valued Contributor

After 40 years of the same dishware I decided to get the Pioneer Woman dishes. I got a service for 12 and I just love it. I have some Fiestaware that I can mix in with it. 

Respected Contributor

@hovis wrote:

After 40 years of the same dishware I decided to get the Pioneer Woman dishes. I got a service for 12 and I just love it. I have some Fiestaware that I can mix in with it. 

@hovis : Kindred spirit sister! Which Pioneer Woman pattern did you choose??

Contributor

I love the PW patterns with my multi color Fiestaware. In consideration of my lack of dish storage space, I have been buying just one each of the PW salad/luncheon plates that complement my Fiestaware. I do also have countertop pieces and bowls in PW as well as table top linens. I am a mixie mixie gal, no matchy for me!
Esteemed Contributor

These dishes are so darn pretty!  I donated a couple sets of dishes a while ago, getting ready for our eventual downsizing.  I do have some Spode blue and white dishes (each a different blue and white pattern) that I have collected through the years.  A few pieces of this set would jazz things up....I am trying not to cave!  And those goblets are so pretty, too!

Valued Contributor

They're pretty, but aren't they made in China?  I would feel safer eating off the American made Fiestaware.

Esteemed Contributor

That dishware makes me smile too.  Everything you've shown is just beautiful!  I love those goblets.  I wanted them in amber and keep procrastinating and now they aren't available in amber anymore.  Learned my lesson!

Honored Contributor

@Deb665 wrote:

I have Fiestaware in a mix of colors have added the Pioneer Woman serving pieces, salt & Pepper, etc to round it out.  Picked up her pasta bowls on sale a few months ago.  I find it all works together nicely and makes me happy!

@Deb665 

This is the kind of thing I enjoy. I don’t have tons of Fiestaware; just a small amount for every day use. I love discovering patterned dishes to mix and match with my Fiestaware! 

I’m aware of Pioneer Woman but not really familiar with her or her products. The photos above immediately made me happy as I imagined how they would look with Fiestaware.