Honored Contributor

Dishes You Love (Or Loved) That You Don't Make

Have dishes you like fallen off of your radar for one reason or another and you haven't made them in ages?

I love "creamed corn" casserole.   Creamed corn with a beaten egg, a little sugar, and melted butter poured into a casserole and baked.  DH doesn't like it and zi grew up with it.  Loved it with fresh green beans and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. 

He grew up in the south too.  You'd think dishes would be more regional.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dishes You Love (Or Loved) That You Don't Make

[ Edited ]

Cheese....any dish with cheese was delicious.  Now that I have given it up years ago, with a long transition period, I don't crave it at all.

Respected Contributor

I love raspberry pie.  Have never made one.  Just as well...I would eat the whole thing in two days!

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I love raspberry pie.  Have never made one.  Just as well...I would eat the whole thing in two days!

@alicedee LOVE raspberries!  Raspberry cheesecake. raspberries with sugar and milk!  I'd love to bake that pie with you!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Stuffed cabbage (just a lot of work).  I miss my aunt's pierogis.  A lot of ethnic foods that I grew up with and aren't even on the market unless I head to Reading Terminal which is a blast but far away from my home.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Lots of things lol

Honored Contributor

DH has diabetes, heart disease, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, pulmonary arterial hypertension, atrial fibrillation/flutter, has had pericarditis, has HBP, high cholesterol and therefore, our menu is limited.  I miss lots of things I once cooked.  I am sure he does as well, but we manage with talking about it thinking about it to the point we feel that we have eaten it.

Honored Contributor

Pasta anything, including lasagne.  I don't care for pasta enough to take in so many carbs.  Every so often my husband makes himself a pot of spaghetti and meatballs.  

Honored Contributor

has to be scalloped potatoes and ham------ could eat the whole thing

Respected Contributor

Banana split cake. I love it. Approx 1000 cals per sliver.  Involves one entire stick of butter. Haven't made it in decades, but I still have the recipe.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York