New Contributor

Dish on cover of "Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes" by Bob Warden

I have the Favorite SLow Cooker Recipes cookbook by Bob Warden, and the dish on the cover looks delicious. But I cannot find any where in the book where it identifies the dish or recipe. I have looked through the recipes, comparing ingredient lists with what might be in the photo...with no luck. Can anyone identify the dish on the cover and tell me which recipe in the book it is? THank you!

Super Contributor

Re: Dish on cover of ""Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes"" by Bob Warden

Hi,

I don't actually have the book, but after looking at the cover picture, I agree, it does look really good. I did some various internet searches, but no luck, until I came across the publishers (Quail Ridge Press) website. I sent them an email and asked them what it was and less than a half hour later, got a response and solved your mystery. It is the Pork Cassoulet on page 147. After you make it, let me know how it is. I think I may have to add this book to my cookbook wishlist.

T

New Contributor

Wow! Thank you very much, you really went the extra mile...and then some! I would never have thought to go through the publisher. I'd send you my copy of the cookbook, but I really haven't given it much of a try yet. I was hoping it would inspire me to use the SC more often, and for something other than pulled pork.

I read one of your other posts, though, and now I am a little Pressure Cooker curious...I have never used one of those. Got me thinking about it now, though. Thank you so much, again. BTW the SC cookbook is at feature price right now, less than $20. Happy Tuesday!

Trusted Contributor

Well now you have us all interested,lol.

Can you post the recipe if you get a chance? Thanks.

Super Contributor

You are most welcome, glad to help. Thank you for the cookbook information, I did order both the slow cooker book and great food fast (already have slow food fast), now I just have to wait to get them. I have a slow cooker, but have not used it yet (in the past because I was not comfortable leaving an appliance on when not at home), somehow I always remember it too late in the day, but I am sure the new cookbook will change that.

Once I got past my hesitations with the pressure cooker, I love it. They are not nearly as scary as they used to be, I do give it the proper respect and caution, but it works great. I went with the 6 quart oval shape because you get a little more room and makes it more flexible for large or small amount. It has browning function which is nice, you can brown your food and get the nice little browned bits, add the rest of your ingredients, secure the lid and in most cases you are eating in less than 30 minutes, pretty user friendly and easy to clean too. Let me know how the cassoulet turns out.

T