Contributor

Re: Disappointed with the Carla Hall products

Ditto on that. Overpriced and nothing new. Can't believe an entire hour was devoted to that line.

Esteemed Contributor

David's new side kick to tell all those down home southern stories and they get " Big Mouth " Steve to eat  some of those fatty foods

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with the posters here..

EVERYTHING in that show has been presented in some form 100 times before ( well, maybe not the Fat Keeper...which I know some people DO keep clean bacon fat for flavoring other meals..but a little goes a long way, IF you don't forget about it in the back of the fridge!!!)...

Easy pass. 

I don't know why, when the Q is selecting the lineup, they don't realize those items are all available from seveal different vendors already....

Maybe they are counting on her "star appeal" to rope in NEW viewers who have tired of the endless Temptations, Cook Essentials, and all the other brands selling the same stuff.

I predict a short tenure with QVC... ( just like Rachel Ray, Emeril, Paula Deen, Zakarian when he flames out....all his Chinese cheap cast iron....) that guy who used to hawk the Copper pans every day, the list is endless....).

My fave gimmick of all time was the "garbage bowl" from Rachel Ray....a bowl in which to drop veggie parings....I bet we ALL have some kind of something that would do the same thing for free!!!! I use a Walmart bag!!!

This in no way is on the vendor. But even she must realize how deadly boringly repetitive those selections were....

And in the end...it's just another product rep with thier name pasted on some kind of Made in China  cheap cookware....

Buy good cookware and buy it once.

All this gimmicky stuff is just that....and you'll end up paying the same price in the end after you toss all this infomercial quality stuff....

Honored Contributor

I didn't really expect much different from her items---and won't buy any of it as I already have alot. And really-- what does anyone bring that hasn't already been done thousands of times---just her name on it, is all. Sorry a name is not enough to make me want to buy-----EXCEPT--- for Curtis Stone--my dahlingsWoman Very Happy----I do like and buy his cookware--not the food tho---

Honored Contributor

@lovemybichonfrise wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

How abt the fat keepers ....

@skatting44 

C'mon now, doesn't everyone need a fat keeper sitting on their counter or in their fridge to flavor their food?!  Yucko!!

@lovemybichonfrise When I was growing up it was common to have a coffee can for that purpose.  We had one.  If we had any grease, which was seldom, it went in the can and then got thrown out.

Most people used it.  I agree.  Yucko!

Honored Contributor

The butter bells are abundant on the big A and start around $10 with free shipping.  The only reason to buy one in the Carla Hall line would be to support Carla Hall or David or QVC.

Super Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

David's new side kick to tell all those down home southern stories and they get " Big Mouth " Steve to eat  some of those fatty foods

Actually....It's "Big Bite" Steve

Eating

Super Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@lovemybichonfrise wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

How abt the fat keepers ....

@skatting44 

C'mon now, doesn't everyone need a fat keeper sitting on their counter or in their fridge to flavor their food?!  Yucko!!

@lovemybichonfrise When I was growing up it was common to have a coffee can for that purpose.  We had one.  If we had any grease, which was seldom, it went in the can and then got thrown out.

Most people used it.  I agree.  Yucko!

@Sooner 

Yes, we had coffee cans for that purpose too but not to use grease as a "condiment."  Growing up in an Italian household, little went to waste, except rendered fat.  lol

Respected Contributor

Agree @geegerbee ! She is likable but the products were nothing special that I don't already have! 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Agree @geegerbee ! She is likable but the products were nothing special that I don't already have! 

@Skyegirl21 To me cornbread mix and batter is an odd sell.  It's readily available as great and easy mixes in every grocery store around here, easy to mix up and cheap to buy, easy to bake and serve, not a lot of measuring or cleanup to do. . . 

I don't see the point in this.  The ingredients are the same as what you get from the grocery store and no complicated baking and shipping like a cake or croissants etc.