Occasional Contributor

Disappointed in QVC for not telling us they were sellng junk

I purchased a complete set of Technique about a year and a half ago.  I was so impressed with them from the BJC demos that I decided after using the same set I received as a wedding gift 30 yrs ago that I decided to buy them.  I loved them but after only about 3 months the smallest pan which I used daily started to peel around the top of the pan.  I got the red set and it looked like the red paint was fuzzy around the edges.  I never put it in the dishwasher so I couldn't understand what was happening.  I wrote QVC to see where I could send a letter to Technique to see what could be done.  They just sent me a replacement, no questions asked.  I thought that was very nice until a few months later, the other pans started doing the same thing.  Now even the skillets have done the same 'feathering' around the tops.  I also noticed that QVC no longer sells this brand.  My big question is how safe are these to use?  Is this paint flaking into my food???  I'm realizing now that QVC knew of this problem so they just replaced mine when I inquired about it the first time.  I'm sure they're not going to replace my entire set at this point.  But shouldn't they be held accountable for selling something to probably thousands of customers without even sending a note of concern to use?  I guess they figure as long as they stop selling that item, they've done all they need to do.  I will never buy anything that costs that much again because I just can't trust QVC to be there after the 30 day warranty is up.  I gave away a great set of stainless steel cookware just because I thought I was getting a new an improved set.  BTW, BJC never replied to me on her blog either when I asked if I was the only one having this problem.  I just feel duped by QVC.  I'm not asking for my money back but an explanation and apology would go far right now.  Again, just tell us if they're safe to use!!!  Take some responsibility for duping us! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in QVC for not telling us they were sellng junk

@PattyH

Please contact the moderator on duty tonight,  or customer service may be able to help you.

QVC Customer Care

@PattyH

QVC sincerely apologies for any inconvenience with your Technique cookware set. Technique is a QVC brand which carries a Lifetime warranty. We are not able to replace the Technique brand however, we have cook's Essentials Hard Anodized sets available. Please write in to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com for further assistance.  

Super Contributor

@PattyH wrote:

I purchased a complete set of Technique about a year and a half ago.  I was so impressed with them from the BJC demos that I decided after using the same set I received as a wedding gift 30 yrs ago that I decided to buy them.  I loved them but after only about 3 months the smallest pan which I used daily started to peel around the top of the pan.  I got the red set and it looked like the red paint was fuzzy around the edges.  I never put it in the dishwasher so I couldn't understand what was happening.  I wrote QVC to see where I could send a letter to Technique to see what could be done.  They just sent me a replacement, no questions asked.  I thought that was very nice until a few months later, the other pans started doing the same thing.  Now even the skillets have done the same 'feathering' around the tops.  I also noticed that QVC no longer sells this brand.  My big question is how safe are these to use?  Is this paint flaking into my food???  I'm realizing now that QVC knew of this problem so they just replaced mine when I inquired about it the first time.  I'm sure they're not going to replace my entire set at this point.  But shouldn't they be held accountable for selling something to probably thousands of customers without even sending a note of concern to use?  I guess they figure as long as they stop selling that item, they've done all they need to do.  I will never buy anything that costs that much again because I just can't trust QVC to be there after the 30 day warranty is up.  I gave away a great set of stainless steel cookware just because I thought I was getting a new an improved set.  BTW, BJC never replied to me on her blog either when I asked if I was the only one having this problem.  I just feel duped by QVC.  I'm not asking for my money back but an explanation and apology would go far right now.  Again, just tell us if they're safe to use!!!  Take some responsibility for duping us! 

Beautifully  stated, Patty. I would love to  hear from others, as  I  have a quart pot doing the same.

moongirl

Honored Contributor

I went through so many pots and pans during the last 38 years of marriage! All were junk until I discovered All Clad. They are pricey but worth every penny! I know this is the last set of cookware I'll ever buy in my lifetime! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

What you want is QVC to do is call it junk?  If they no longer sell it, that basically says what you need to know.  People on the boards will offer up some good suggestions that you might want to consider buying.

Valued Contributor

Between Technique and Cooks Essentials I have purchased numerous sets of pans and individual pans and many have had problems.  I have not hesitated to return and they have always been replaced by either a comparable item or in some instances they have replaced a couple of pans with a complete set.  In one instance they refunded my original price so I could decide if I wanted to repurchase another item.  I love them when I first receive but when they scratch or peel, back they go under the warranty.  The pans are rasonably priced in my opinion.  I have purchased many non-stick in the store that did not last and threw out when they "went bad."  QVC has always honored the warranty they offered and I have no problem with that.  I also do not care if all my items match as I love to use various pieces for different things, so I mix CE, Technique, Calphalon, LeCreuset, etc. depending on what I am cooking.  Guess I am a pots and pan junkie.

Trusted Contributor

With pots and pans, you really do get what you pay for.  Despite the warranty, these are just cheap pans -- nothing more.  All pans work well initially (remember Ultrex on HSN?).

As another poster stated, get All-Clad.  You may have to save up for them, but they will last several lifetimes.

Contributor

My pans did not hold up very well either.  I did not send mine back -- I should have.  I would not purchase them again. 

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

With pots and pans, you really do get what you pay for.  Despite the warranty, these are just cheap pans -- nothing more.  All pans work well initially (remember Ultrex on HSN?).

As another poster stated, get All-Clad.  You may have to save up for them, but they will last several lifetimes.

I loved Ultrex I bought his cake pans and pressure cooker the old time one with the gadget on top that hisses. Don't make cakes any more, but, use the cake pans for biscuits and Sun. rolls still great stuff. Still use the pressure cooker to make chicken and dumplings in.