Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 - yum!  We put so many toppings on our dogs that I don't add them to the beans but that sounds great!  We are having fries too - perfect combo!

Respected Contributor

Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and pasta salad. No grill or oven tonight just not up for it. 

Honored Contributor

Crab cakes and corn on the cob.

Trusted Contributor

Something simple.  I talian.

Caesar salad with heirloom tomatoes.

Angel hair pasta with sautéed shrimp in vodka tomato cream sauce.   

Tiramesu desert.

~Life is short.  Eat well. You could die tomorrow. ~

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I have my 'big' meal at lunchtime and something smaller for supper.

I do this, too.   I usually have very little for dinner.  Just enough so I can take my magnesium and another vitamin I take in the evening.

Just had pizza for lunch.  Prob just eat a KIND bar for dinner.  I'm out of carrots or I'd have a carrot to go with that.  Smiley Happy  Tomorrow - grocery store.

Trusted Contributor

@FastDogWalker2  When we were first married and would go back home for visits, my mother (great cook and baker!!) would always ask me what meal I would like to have. My answer was always the same...hotdogs with baked beans and fries. 😄

Sometimes, simple food that is the best. 👍

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

Sounds good to me! I made sunny side up eggs, hash browns and sausage patties.

I was looking for something different (getting tired of salads, tuna fish and blt) - if I had pancake mix we would have added pancakes, too!

Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

We had Costco rotisserie chicken, salad and broccoli.  Delish and no pots to clean.  Leftovers, the carcass, will be turned into chicken soup for the end of the week when it's suppose to get cooler -- in the 70's, I hope.  Dying for soup,

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  What  great post and a great way to get some new ideas for dinner.  Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Last night:  grilled lamb burgers (went to three stores to pick up fresh mint!)  with cucumber garlic sauce served in pitas.  They were wonderful!

Tonight:  Grilled cheese, bacon, caramelized onions and fresh tomatoes all grilled in a sandwich.  Sides:  olives stuffed with almonds and pickled beets.  Dessert:  Peach cobbler!