Trusted Contributor

Diet Book Author George Stella's Son

George Stella mentioned that his 13 (I think) year old son had weighed over 300 lbs. and that they had to take him out of school because he was picked on. How do you not notice that your young son is gaining weight to the point of being upwards to 300+ lbs., and not stop his progress into obesity!? Also, I would expect that he was picked on long before he weighed over 300 lbs. I was in another room from the TV but he mentioned something about his son eating 2 boxes of mac & cheese as an after school snack (if I heard him correctly). What parent would allow this!?

Actually, I'm thinking that these and other such parents are guilty of child abuse.

Super Contributor

Re: Diet Book Author George Stella's Son

Poor guy. He certainly has an eating disorder!
Trusted Contributor

It's nice to see posters here who know so much about people whom they have never met. Surely these OPs are in a position to pass judgment on a subject about which they obviously know very little.

Contributor

That would be Had a eating disorder. The whole family lost over 500 lbs. I believe. That's all in the past. That son is now 30 yrs old, today in fact.

Kutos to the Stella family.

Honored Contributor

His son is no longer 13, the whole family was overweight.

I have met George before his QVC days he is a wonderful caring man and to think anything less so wrong

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

On 1/4/2015 TSDTS said:

That would be Had a eating disorder. The whole family lost over 500 lbs. I believe. That's all in the past. That son is now 30 yrs old, today in fact.

Kutos to the Stella family.

In my first sentence, TSDTS, I wrote "had."

George Stella mentioned that his 13 (I think) year old son had weighed over 300 lbs. and that they had to take him out of school because he was picked on.