Honored Contributor

Re: Didn’t need them BUT couldn’t resist🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Pfaltzgraff Winterberry is one of my favorite patterns.  I have a ton of it in storage, saving it for my daughter.  If she doesn't take it within the next couple of years, it's going in a garage sale. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I also am a dish junkie.  I happened upon a set of Winterberry at a local St. Vincen'ts and unfortunately DH was with me.  He already thinks I have too many sets so I had to leave them.  Sigh.  

@depglass 

YET!  They will want a new tool or gadget!!!!  TOTALLY ok!!!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

What a great find, how lucky ! Years ago, I bought one of my daughters a set of Winterberry.

I saw in the picture, that you have the same smooth top

stove that I have. I bought mine two years ago and I love it.

It is my third glass top range. When they  came out about 50

years ago, I got my first one. The top, made by Corning, was white and the stove was harvest gold. I wish they would bring back the white tops. I also miss the little light that the old stoves had on top. It was a nice nightlight for the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff 

I will be replacing all the appliances soon and would get smooth top range again, of course. 

I was going to SS but I'm not following the trend..wish they had "almond" again😉

I'm so excited with my "find".  I have 12 place setting of Lenox Holly Bone China w/all the completer pieces.  It's sitting packed in my closet taking up space.  Not practical for everyday plus I started collecting in 1974 while in high school -- not made in China.

my niece wants it but I think that's just being "nice"🙂😉

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 

I had heard a while back that SS was on its way out, but I am still seeing it being sold and three of our children have bought

SS appliances in the past two years. I'm tired of seeing it and I never cared for it. I think that it looks too industrial.

In the 60's I had a new kitchen with SS sink. It just never looked clean to me with those water spots. When I got my first house I went with all Harvest gold appliances. Of course by the 90's that looked dated, then I went back to all white and I now have white in my second house. I have an almond second refrigerator in the basement.

Your Lenox Holly china pattern is pretty. My Christmas

dishes are  Rosina Queensware Yuletide bone china from England.

It has a holly and pinecone border and is edged in gold. I have eight place settings. I love it , but I only hand wash because of the gold.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 Thought I had your luck.  I was pursuing Facebook Marketplace and found a furniture piece I've been looking for for years.  There it was.  It was a local pickup, about 10 minutes from my house and priced very reasonably.  I've messaged the person 3 times, no response.  If the blasted thing is sold, the ad should be removed.  If it's still for sale, I should get a response.  I, so badly want that piece.   

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker 

I agree!  The buffet server in the picture is the find of the century!

I looked, shopped, ordered & more for years for the "perfect" piece.

I went to look at end tables which were posted -- 10 minutes away.  The person who posted the for sale items was doing it as a favor for a out of town friend (mother passed).  She gave me time to come -- lucky the friend was at the house clearing things.

I explained I was there to see end tables -- the girl looked "perplexed" but then said "I don't have end tables but my mom passed & we were moving her to nursing home, you can come in and look what we will be selling".

OMGosh...right there was this beautiful piece piled with stuff.  I couldn't imagine my "luck"🙂  She said had wanted to sell as whole set -- I told her I'd take it for a reasonable offer.  Her husband told me $175 - I said $140 - he said "SOLD".

So don't get discouraged..sometimes it takes people a few days to "reply" hope this is the case for you!!

1B52FC84-FD55-486E-87F9-0604A613575E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  That buffet is beautiful and looks so festive with the Christmas items.  Funny how things pop up.

Sadly, I don't have much hope for her to respond.  I had been looking for the piece for years.  We have the bedroom set and when we bought the set back in 1970 (!!!) could only afford 1 nightstand.  I've been kicking myself for years, but that's my problem.  I console myself thinking the seller is on vacation or just too dang busy.  Time for some much needed sleep.  I'll keep checking tomorrow.  Wish me luck!!!

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker 

same here bought house owner had purchased new furniture.  so I was trying to match set.

hope you have good luck with seller contacting you.

Honored Contributor

I really didn't need to see this @homedecor1 

I have such a 'dish weakness'! 

These are beautiful. And so timeless. Their simplicity and beauty has really stood the test of time. I love that they are more seasonal that just a specific holiday. Enjoy them!