Trusted Contributor

Re: Did you see the Farmhouse Rules lady make that drink this morning?

I think they're trying to expand her audience by putting her on more Food Network shows...I saw her on ""The Kitchen"" today and noticed someone asked her why her show was so popular and she replied: ""Because I'm happy and simple..."" (paraphrasing)

Also noticed she's on that new Holiday baking series I believe premiers tonight...she must appeal to a certain ""demographic!!""

Frequent Contributor

On 11/8/2014 pdlinda said:

I think they're trying to expand her audience by putting her on more Food Network shows...I saw her on ""The Kitchen"" today and noticed someone asked her why her show was so popular and she replied: ""Because I'm happy and simple..."" (paraphrasing)

Also noticed she's on that new Holiday baking series I believe premiers tonight...she must appeal to a certain ""demographic!!""

I'll say! foodnetwork hopes she appeals to Paula Deen's leftover demographic!

Honored Contributor

She uses lots of old kitchen tools that look like they would leave rust or enamel chips! LOL!! She also has a certain vocal pattern that is the same "tune" over and over that to me gets annoying after awhile. It's like a singing thing she does at the end of the sentence. Anyway, I'm sure some people love her--something for everyone.

It wasn't the recipe for the Irish coffee that caught my attention: It was "glug, glug, glug, glug" that did. Like I said, maybe I am a wimp but that was a lot of "glugging" for one person.

Honored Contributor

I agree about her voice. There are a lot of great cooks in this world. Not all of them are suitable for television.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Love her and her show. I think she's a refreshing change from some of the ladies on the other cooking shows that seem to think that lower and lower necklines appeal to those of us that enjoy watching and learning something new from the cooking channels.