Trusted Contributor

Did you know Teavana is closing?

I got an email saying Teavana's website is closing in the middle of December.  So I did some googling and the physical stores will also be closing next spring.  This was announced in August, but I hadn't heard about it.  I don't get to Teavana all that often because it's not in my local mall, but I always enjoy looking around the store when I'm in other malls.  It's disappointing they're closing.

They're offering half off on their website and free shipping no minimum, in case anyone would like to purchase something.  No returns.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Did you know Teavana is closing?

Yes I have known about it for a few months.  I'm going to miss them at the mall I would stop to sample their tea's.  They are part of Starbuck's and they weren't making a profit.  I'm sad that I won't be able to at least order online.

Honored Contributor

I knew the stores were closing but not the website.  That's disappointing.  I do like their teas and have purchased from both places.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I heard about it back in May.

Valued Contributor

When they first opened I bought ceylon vitanakande loose tea many times. It was heaven in a cup. I knew they were in trouble when they stopped carrying it and substituted everday teas in place of the exceptional ones they originally carried.  I haven't shopped there for years.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

yes I knew. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 - As I love their teas, I knew this too. I will miss them. Starbucks is featuring a few at their locations. When we traveled for Thanksgiving weekend and stopped at rest stops, they had them there. I know the freestanding Starbucks also carry a few choices.

Starbucks is saying they will be offering the teas in grocery stores after the first of the year. We'll see. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Yes.  News was released months ago.

Honored Contributor

The news about the stores closing was announced months ago, but they said the website would stay open.  I checked closely at the time to make sure they weren't going to be closing the website.  I just checked my e-mail address where I get e-mails from Teavana and had their e-mail announcing this, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

I didn't know this, thanks!  I went to their on line site today (12/01), and it said it's closed.  So, looks like it closed before mid-Dec.