Respected Contributor

Re: Did you get the Blue Jean Chef pressure cooker cookbook?

I was in a very large bookstore earlier today, and the entire back wall of the store was shelved from top to bottom with a mind-boggling number of  cookbooks.........slow-cooker, diabetic, pressure cooker, meat, cooking with smoke, etc. etc.  They seemed awfully pricey, especially when many of them were not even that big or comprehensive.  Bet there wasn't one good recipe in any of those books that can't be found somewhere on the internet.

The store also has a mile-long "newsstand" loaded with magazines, including many  devoted to food and cooking.  Looked at them, too.........also pricey and not worth spending between $6 and $12 to get one or two recipes I might actually read, much less prepare.

I walked into the store to buy a copy of the weekend Wall Street Journal, which I unsubscribed from for home delivery a long time ago.  They were sold out, so I started browsing.  A fellow asked me if he could help me find something, and I said I would look at some cookbooks as long as I was in the store.  Then he wanted to know if he could help me "narrow it down" to a specific type of cookbook.  LOL.......I declined, but saw why he asked once I was faced with a long wall full of them.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Did any of you get  the cookbook?

Yes.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Did any of you get  the cookbook?

Do you mean her first or second cookbook?

I don't think the second one is out yet, I'm on the Amazon list, they sold out on QVC.

Her first one came out awhile back, I don't have that one.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I was thinking of the second book.  I was curious about the list of recipes.  And the quality of the binding and the printing too.  I'm getting tired of cookbooks I can't read.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered both of them from Amazon for my mom.  It was free shipping, so much cheaper than QVC.  She received the first one, but not the second one yet.  She said she likes the first one and has tried one of the recipes.  Overall, she's happy with the first one and looking forward to the new one.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update!  At least we have some good news!

Honored Contributor

OK... thanks for the good review.  I broke down and ordered the first book since they don't have a delivery date yet for the second book.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I have the second cookbook, but not the first. Can't find the first one but Amazon has been mentioned so I'll try there.

Her second cookbook has a great deal of pasta and vegetarian recipes, neither appeal to my family. Her meat recipe's have all turned out beautifully but I will say this: I don't know how large she considers a serving size to be but you do NOT need to double any recipe, lol. A recipe for 4 serves 7-9 in my family. I mean, her serving sizes must be HUGE.

Beyond that, it's a nice book but I wish there were more meat and chicken recipe's in it. Easy to follow.

Honored Contributor

THANKS again for the responses!  I appreciate the tips.  The people that I feed mostly consider gravy a vegetable. . . so might not be for me. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner

I did get the cookbook, but didn't cook from it yet.  Have been using her first pc cookbook.

What is a "politically correct cookbook"?