Trusted Contributor

Did anyone succumb to buying the beef tenderloin that is $40+ a pound?

I can't believe the price. And the other day a 3 lb tenderloin was around $129. You would have to live in the boondocks to not be able to find a top quality been tenderloin for $15-20 a pound. Someone must be buying these, but I can'/t understand why.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone succumb to buying the beef tenderloin that is $40+ a pound?

I bought the Kansas City steaks once and they were grisley.I bought crab cakes that smelled so bad that my house stunk for a couple of days.Since those items were disappointing I will only purchase locally even if the price wasn't less per pound.

Honored Contributor

TV food is way overpriced, IMO, and the reviews aren't always that spectacular.  For me it would be an occasional splurge to maybe buy the cinnamon rolls or croissants, which I've not done yet.  But meat or lobster?  No, not me.  I make great bbq's ribs and will make lobster on occasion, and the price is nowhere near the QVC price.  I've gotten suckered by the O'Leary wine and will never do that again either.  Bad news! 

Last summer a nearby super market ran a sale on beef tenderloins for something like $5.99 or $7.99 per pound.  It's not a store I normally shop at (reputable, just not a town I go to often), but I got myself down there and picked up two of them.  Then I sliced them up into filet mignons, individually wrapped the steaks and stuck them in the freezer.  They've been delicious.  I felt like I struck gold on that deal.  

Honored Contributor

Wish they would cook that stuff longer. All bloody in the middle way to red

Dog wouldn't eat . LOL

Respected Contributor

I was tempted by that beef, but did not succumb.  I buy a lot of QVC food for convenience and generally am happy with everything. I like the Rastelli meat products, the croissants, and the various chicken products. Jimmy the Baker, crab cakes, and Mama Mancini have all been disappointing to me.

Honored Contributor

I've never bought food from Q.  It's very expensive and you should be careful.  For example, Q is selling My Grandma's 28 oz Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake (2) for $38.46.  The same thing sells for only $26 at Wegmans supermarket in Malvern, only 8 miles from Studio Park.

Esteemed Contributor

I did buy the rolled boneless Leg of Lamb roast last year and it was expensive, but not available where I live. 

It was delicious!  Well worth the price.  Don't have them this year.

Super Contributor

Wish I had a Wegman's nearby... Would love to get grandma's cake again...

Esteemed Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I was tempted by that beef, but did not succumb.  I buy a lot of QVC food for convenience and generally am happy with everything. I like the Rastelli meat products, the croissants, and the various chicken products. Jimmy the Baker, crab cakes, and Mama Mancini have all been disappointing to me.

----------------------------

We love Jimmy's white, meltaway cookies!!

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

----------------------------

We love Jimmy's white, meltaway cookies!!

I have not tried the cookies.  We bought the coffee cakes with raspberry.  Overwhelming amount of raspberry.  We recently tried the cinnamon rolls.  Grossly huge and rather dry.

I would be willing to give the cookies a try.