Trusted Contributor

Did anyone see Paula Deen's puff pastry donuts in air fryer?

I saw her make these last weekend and ordered the new bigger air fryer. I don't remember if she mentioned the temperature or time to make them. I know she used puff pastry and they looked yummy, but I don't know the time or temp. Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Paula Deen's puff pastry donuts in air fryer?

I reviewed the video and think it is around 350 to 385 based on the mark when they show the doughnuts coming out.  I think it is 3 minutes flip and 2 or 3 more.  You line the bottom with parchment paper.

Trusted Contributor

THANK you, so much!!! I will give it a try as soon as my merlot fryer gets here! I appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Respected Contributor

You are welcome. I want to try it as well when mine gets here.
Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, but that link wouldn't work for me. I appreciate your help, though.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ I did some snooping around and found this from Philips:

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-m-ho/philips-chef/recipe-overview-page/starter-snacks/puff-pastry-bite...

It isn't donuts but these do use puff pastry so hopefully this will help (actually this recipe looks kind of tasty).  According to the conversion chart the air fryer temperature should be at 392F.

My air fryer is coming Tuesday and I can't wait!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you sure she used Puff Pastry. She has a donut recipe in her 3.5 qt air fryer booklet using biscuits.

Fried Biscuits – For Easy Doughnuts

Ingredients

1 12oz. can buttermilk biscuits

Oil for spraying

Cinnamon sugar for coating

Preparation

1. With a small biscuit cutter cut hole out of each biscuit.

2. Spray both sides of each biscuit and place in the air fryer basket in a single layer; close basket.

3. Set temperature for 375 degrees, and time for 4 minutes.

4. When cook time is complete, open basket, turn biscuits and spray with oil; close basket.

5. Set timer for 4 minutes.

6. When cook time is complete, open basket and remove biscuits and toss in cinnamon sugar while hot, repeat with remaining biscuits.

I went to Evine to watch the Video. She did use Puff Pastry. She just cut the hole in the middle & cooked for about 4 mins on each side. She did not mention the temp. It's on the video about the 11 min mark if you want to watch it. Just search the item #469-986

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, everyone for your help. @Nightowlz, it was definitely puff pastry. I went back to watch the video, (thanks @Tigriss), and saw her make them. I am going to guess the temperature, but she did say 4 min and then turn over for 4 min. I also saw the puff pastry bites, so thanks to you, @momtochloe.

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ, I apologize for giving a link that didn't work.  In my haste, I didn't check to see if this air fryer FB group was public, and it's not.  Here is what the post said:

Paula Deen's puff pastry glazed donuts. They are delicious and super simple to make. Cut donuts out of a sheet of puff pastry, place on parchment paper, spritz with a little oil, put in preheated 340° air fryer for 4-6 minutes, turn, spritz with oil again and put back in for about 4 more or until golden.
Glaze is powdered sugar and a little water, I added a bit of vanilla too.