Not applicable

Did anyone else become deathly ill from eating Mrs. Prindable's this Christmas (2010)?

I received a box of Mrs. Prindable's apples, caramels and pretzels for Christmas. As soon as the box came, I opened it and tried one of the caramel chews. Just 1.5 hours later, I started becoming violently ill: I couldn't stop vomiting and having watery diarrhea for the next 24 hours. Until that time, I was perfectly healthy. My husband and I had eaten the same food all day -- EXCEPT he had no candy and he didn't become ill. After I started recovering, I checked the ingredients and saw that there are many cream-based ingredients in the caramels and that Mrs. Prindable proudly states in the packaging information that they use no preservatives. The only other food eaten out of the box was part of a chocolate pretzel. I had given it to my son at the same time that I opened the box and had the caramel. My son later told me that he did not finish the pretzel because it tasted weird and was soft and not good (he is a chocolate lover like me and would have definitely eaten it had it been tasty).

Has anyone else experienced a reaction to these caramels??