Trusted Contributor

Re: Did You Register For Sterling Silver and China When you Were Getting Married?

@sunshine45 wrote:

sterling silver......no ( i registered for a pretty utensil set that was "silver" with a touch of gold.") i cannot for the life of me remember the name of the pattern. if i can remember it i will come back and edit the post.

china......yes,  lenox columbia

fine crystal......yes,  gorham bellamy gold...... wine, champagne flutes, water glasses.

gorham bellamy gold.jpg

lenox columbia.jpg

@sunshine45  I absolutely LOVE your china.  OMG, it's beautiful.  I just might have to find some of this for my cabinet!  Smiles.  Thank you for sharing.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Did You Register For Sterling Silver and China When you Were Getting Married?

I had already inherited my mother's china and silverplate when I got married in 1983 and I already owned nice stainless flatware (still using daily).  So I registered a Wedgwood earthenware pattern which I used daily until just a few years ago when I inherited my MIL's dishes and started using those for everyday.  

Honored Contributor

Yes.  I registered at Fortunoff and included china, a Lenox pattern - very simple (Federal Platinum) which I prefer.  And I'm Italian - in our family we did and do register (but many gift money as well).

Esteemed Contributor

No.  In those days you could get nice everyday dinnerware and silverware from shopping at certain grocery stores - which was fine for me!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I did not. Did not have a wedding, but got married at the courthouse, so no gifts for us. 

I love a beautiful table, but it doesn't take fine China to set one, especially now with so many choices out there in more affordable dinnerware patterns. 

Our 'china' growing up was always Currier and Ives dishes that were a premium at the grocery store back in the 1950's or 60's.

Image result for history of currier and ives dishes

I still have and use this pattern.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh course, yes. Everyone registared for China, Crystal and flatware in the 70's and 80's in our area.  Still have mine and use it for special occasions.

Saski Crystal 'Reflection"   Noritake China "Carolyn". Have collected other china because I like it, along with everyday dishes. Thank goodness I have storage space for it all. And yes it all gets used at some point during the years.

Honored Contributor

If I had registered, and even today, this would have been my choice.

Image result for Royal albert china

Honored Contributor

Yes I did in china but not sterling silver...  I chose Noritake's Blue Haven in 1967 and still use it..  very pretty and durable..

Noritake Blue Haven 5 Piece Place Setting

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

No sterling silver or china. I registered for Franciscan Hacienda in yellow. 

Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach  That is pretty