Valued Contributor

Did Anyone Notice Lock N Lock Change?

I just opened the box with Lock N Lock set I bought a few months ago and realized that Lock N Lock was different.  First, the containers themselves seem thinner and much lighterr than the ones they used to make.  And, also, the lids seal direrctly on the narrow rib around the container.  These no longer have those little snaps the lids would click on.  When did they change?  I have purchased lots of Lock N Lock over the years and loved it but I'm not really sure about this new revision.  I guess time will tell how they hold up.

Respected Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Notice Lock N Lock Change?

I last ordered in December, K49900, set of 6, 4 cup bowls, in Pearl. Loved them, they were substantial and I've used the heck out of them. Went to order another size in Pearl and it's like looking for hen's teeth. Guess I am apparently the only one who liked that color. I hope they've not changed, they were things I could actually count on. Looked yesterday to reorder for the holidays and it seems they don't have much available in sets now. I don't care for the huge pantry containers since I don't buy in bulk.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm.I haven't noticed a change and I have a ton in my pantry. Some I like better than others but that's about it.

Esteemed Contributor

@patticakes  I bought these in July, and they seem just like my older containers:

LocknLock 5-Piece Nestable Square Storage Set - K78613

If you bought the set with handles and gift bags, I think they do lock differently. My last purchase was different.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too, LOVE❤ LnL and am sorry you had that experience! I can imagine how disappointing it was!😐 Perhaps that particular lot was from a different manufacturer.🤷‍♀️

I purchased K54523 last month and see no noticeable difference in the snaps on the lids, or quality; although I read other reviews prior to purchasing that mentioned issues with the lids and crossed my fingers.👍👍 It is unfortunate to now have inconsistent quality. HOPEFULLY, it is just that one particular shipment!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

I have not really seen a change in Lock N Lock.

I have a few and have used a number of what I have and those that I have given away others enjoy and love.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patticakes - I haven't noticed any change in the materials. But different LocknLock styles have different approaches to the lid attachment; some still use the tabs that poke through the sides, some are just secured at the rim, and the glass containers have a thick silicone insert that requires you to press the lid down a bit to help form a seal before the side tabs fully attach.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I do feel Lock n Lock is being made with less plastic.  The pieces I bought in the 2012 time frame are heavier than the same pieces bought in 2022; both container and lid.  There is also noticeable difference in the thickness of the silicone seals, and side tabs in the set I'm referring to, which is the tall square set of 4.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't notice thinner on my last set, but I got bowls, and they don't have the strong lock.  They seem like a quiet lock (no loud snap) when closing the tabs.  However, no tab breakage.  These might have been from 2022. My problem is I had too many sets and when buying different sets too many don't nest.  I won't purge them, but I will be more selective in the future.  

My favorite pieces are still 3 large round colored bodies with clear lids that had three bags (much larger than the small set they have now) I think the containers are 1.5 quarts.  They are always in use.  Probably 10 years old and look brand new.

Not sure where to post my question, but has anyone had this happen to their lock-n-lock? There a lots of what looks like white scratches all over the bottom of the containers. I notice it when I pull them out of the dishwasher. It’s not detergent residue as I use all liquid detergent. Not sure how to add a photo to this post