Trusted Contributor

DiBella Famiglia Biscotti. Chef Tony’s family recipie?

I was watching Gourmet Holiday, and  Chef Tony said these Biscotti recipe is over 100 years old and was passed on from his grandmother to him.   Chef Tony said that the Biscotti is his familie’s original recipe, are hand made, and overseen by his family.

I was thinking of trying them out.

So, have you tried them?  

Are these Biscotti any good, (I have dentures), and do you believe Chef Tony’s story?

Trusted Contributor

Re: DiBella Famiglia Biscotti. Chef Tony’s family recipie?

I tried them......not sure they are that much better than say, Noni’s. But I like them a lot. A little pricey. Sometimes you can find them at TJMaxx for a lot less.

Honored Contributor

I love them and imo are  true texture a biscotti should be. My fav is the glazed lemon ones.  And the other the chocolate ones

No comparison to Nonis which are hard (and made to dunk).

gave them as gifts at our Christmas Eve open house.  Everyone liked them! And ingredients are fresh,

Respected Contributor

They are so much better than Noni. Home Goods almost always has them for $2.79 in different flavors. @EatWell

Honored Contributor

I bought them and gave them out as gifts--kept 2 boxes and they are just fine, but I like the ones I make better. Bscotti is so easy to make. I happen to like them a little harder to dunk and  soak  up the liquid with.  But Tony"s  were good. Got them for a really good price at the Q too. 

Trusted Contributor

I really like them.  I've ordered them at least three times.  My favorite combination is M54010.  They make excellent gifts, especially throughout the Christmas season.  I even gave them to repairmen who had to come to the house -- plumber, handyman, leaf removal crew, etc!  My grocery carries them too, but only in two flavors.  

Honored Contributor

My husband loves biscotti and we have had this brand twice. I think the price is ok, but to me they do not taste home made. I canceled my last auto ship, I'll make my own biscotti.

Honored Contributor

The ides of biscotti is to dunk in coffee or wine. Dentures should'nt be a problem. I have my Mom's recipie for biscotti. Have made them for years.

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't buy the 'my mother's recipe' thing.  Didn't Frankie Avalon sell on Q with a similar spiel?  Perhaps vendors think it entices purchases?

Anyways, did their mothers include preservatives et al?

Honored Contributor

Goldenlocks: I have my Mom's recipie in Mom's handwriting. Only includes eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, and flavoring.