Honored Contributor

Dessert tonight... Dinner & Cards🐰🐰

Haven't baked in awhile.  Tonight is my turn to host dinner & cards.

Thought I'd make a coconut cake w/lemon curd filling -- something light for Spring.  Plus, give me a chance to use my Egg Hunt serving pieces🐰🐰

E4420905-E401-4D6E-B76C-B772BF336FB2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Dessert tonight... Dinner & Cards🐰🐰

Yum!

Deal me in, I'll be right over!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Ooh, coconut and lemon together.  I'm jealous.   Have a great time!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Such a cute cake! Sounds yummy as well. Your guests are lucky. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom 

Place set for you but we will need you promptly at 5:30😃😃😃

Esteemed Contributor

beautiful cake......save me a piece....only card game i know how to play is Go Fish!!  

Honored Contributor

What a lovely cake!!!!!  I bet it is as delicious as it is creative!  Enjoy and Happy Easter!

Trusted Contributor

Exquisite cake. Looks terrific on your serving piece. Love the Peeps bunnies. Sorry, I'm not a coconut fan. Is it possible to be allergic to coconut? I get sick when I eat it! Can I get an extra Peep instead?

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1   I was just curious about your dinner menu?  It's been so long since I've "entertained" I feel "out of the loop" regarding company dinner menus. LOL...

In any event, the cake looks like the perfect ending to a lovely evening and I'm sure all the effort you put into planning and preparing (and cleaning up) will be greatly appreciated by your guests!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal 

gee never thought of a allergy to coconut...yikes! We have a new sub joining us tonight ...fingers crossed she isn't allergic!

(Guess I should have thought of that oh well she'll have a nice dinner)

@pdlinda 

Honestly, its just the 4 of us - I keep it simple.  Tonight, its going to be cut up hoagies (turkey & italian) with pasta salad, deviled eggs and a vegetable spinach dip with carrots/celery sticks.

The weather is in the 80s here so keeping it simple is the way to go!  

I have not entertained in a long time, so, I'm glad its my turn because I like to use my Temptation pieces ... as far as "gatherings" most 'my' circle of friends have changed from the pandemic and I know the girls are vaccinated who I play cards with.

PS:  It's cute Easter Bunny napkins and dinner plates so easy clean up -- toss in garbage!