Honored Contributor

Re: Descaler for coffee machines

Good to know most use vinegar, i will stick to that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

I use Keurig's Descaler but would like to try using vinegar instead. Do you use the vinegar full strength?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ceh wrote:

I use Keurig's Descaler but would like to try using vinegar instead. Do you use the vinegar full strength?

@ceh  Fill your reservoir with half white vinegar and half water.  Run the descaling process until the solution is used up.  Refill the reservoir with water and run again in order to remove any residual vinegar so it doesn’t spoil the flavor of your coffee. 

Esteemed Contributor

I use vinegar as well. I don't really think there is a need for the commercial products, but as others have said Amazon will have several. 

Honored Contributor

I use the vinegar full strength, then repeat with several  containers of water, to rinse out. Pour vinegar down the drain,with some baking soda,for drain.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I use the descalers found in Walmart or Target.  I used vinegar one time in my life and that was the last time. 

The vinegar taste never disappeared.  I would never recommend vinegar to clean a coffee maker.

@goldensrbest 

Honored Contributor

For our Keurig, I use White Vinegar and water, but for our Nespresso, I use their descaler kit......I rinse a lot though when using Vinegar, because I am paranoid about tasting vinegar with my coffee. lol!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Apple Cider Vinegar.