Respected Contributor

Delizioso Desserts 3.25-lb. Limoncello Cake M54623

Every year I'm tempted to order this cake for Christmas dinner dessert. It's so expensive though. It's on sale now for $77.50. Has anyone here had it? Is it worth the money? It looks and sounds delicious and it has good reviews. I just can't decide. It's a lot to spend on a cake. I'd like first hand honest opinions please.🤗

20221201_083338.jpg

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Re: Delizioso Desserts 3.25-lb. Limoncello Cake M54623

@Starpolisher, I watched the rerun show this morning and wondered about it, too. Yes, it's a whole lot of money for me but they were adamant in saying you couldn't get anything like it anywhere. I woke up hungry so was really tempted. Anxious to hear what others say so will be following this.

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher

We've had them a couple times but not at this price, they were around $59 and at that I thought expensive. My preference now for a fresh quality cake is a Chanilly cake from Whole Foods, bought size small yesterday, serves about four for $15. Also comes in medium & large sizes. It's a sponge cake with fresh fruit and has white frosting, delicious & pretty.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123wrote:

@Starpolisher

We've had them a couple times but not at this price, they were around $59 and at that I thought expensive. My preference now for a fresh quality cake is a Chanilly cake from Whole Foods, bought size small yesterday, serves about four for $15. Also comes in medium & large sizes. It's a sponge cake with fresh fruit and has white frosting, delicious & pretty.

@Starpolisher@rockygems123

The chantilly cake is my favorite also. It is $25 at our location for larger size and it's a great dessert after all the heavy holiday foods.

Honored Contributor

It's magnificent! Not too sweet, real lemon, and refreshing. I too bought it at a slightly lower price (not much lower though). Freezes great too (we sliced it up and froze it and had it over a couple of months).

Trusted Contributor

I have not personally tasted the cake, but I did send one to a friend for a special occasion. It was also at around $60 price range if memory serves me.

My friend and her family loved the cake, so much so that my friend in turn sent the cake to one of her friends when they celebrated an occasion.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought this one and the tiramisu one year and the price was lower. 50/50 choice

They both had great flavor but they were so soft more like pudding even frozen so I got my money back. Too bad but I didn't want pudding.

I just can't spend that much money for cake.

Frequent Contributor

I bought one right at the beginning of the pandemic, wrapped slices and put in freezer. I think its delicious. But it was the $50+ price when I bought it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you everyone! And Thank you @rockygems123 and @Nonametoday for telling me about the Chantilly cake at Whole Foods. It sounds like it's worth giving it a try. It's more in my price range too. There's a Whole Foods near me but I've never been there. Thanks again!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopperwrote:

It's magnificent! Not too sweet, real lemon, and refreshing. I too bought it at a slightly lower price (not much lower though). Freezes great too (we sliced it up and froze it and had it over a couple of months).

@Starpolisher- Ditto everything in this post! Overall, we thought it was worth the money, especially since it yielded lots of servings and was a huge hit.