Trusted Contributor

Decreased selection of Emeril's products

I don't see as many of his products, as they have offered before. I wonder if he's being phased out.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Decreased selection of Emeril's products

Why does every cook/chief come out with a line of pots/pans? They all look the same - interior blue or green or red. Ugh Give me Black!

Honored Contributor

Give me a vivid color.

Regular Contributor

On 1/6/2015 fthunt said:

Why does every cook/chief come out with a line of pots/pans? They all look the same - interior blue or green or red. Ugh Give me Black!

Why does every cook/chef's pot/pans are the only ones that make perfect food?

Doesn't the cook have something to do with it.

If you don't know much about cooking a pot/pan from Walmart will work just as well as any other pot/pan?

Super Contributor

Not true My Thoughts, cheap pots/pans do not heat as evenly or maintain heat and are not as forgiving if you are not a great cook. This makes a mediocre or poor cook even worse. More likely that great cook/chef could cook well with a cheap pan not vice versa. That said, there are many no name, reasonably priced pots and pans that heat evenly and work very well. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg for them, but there is a big difference between cheap and decent quality. By the way, Emeril's pans are great and I don't consider them to be high priced. I have gotten some of mine when they were on clearance on the Southern Channel.

Valued Contributor

I have some Emeril stainless cookware that was purchased at a department store. It is excellent quality for the price. Very heavy, evenly heating pieces. Can't speak to the quality, or lack thereof, of pieces sold in other venues.

Respected Contributor

If you can't cook, then you can certainly burn food in a cheap pan as well as an expensive one!

Trusted Contributor

I bought my first set of Tfal from the Spiegel catalog.......and so loved that cookware to death....really......Then the Q jumped on the Tfal cookware band, back before Cooks Essential, and bought Tfal from the Q......I have since owned All Clad cookware, and love it as well, and Emeril puts his name on both, but jacks up the price with his name.......I buy cookware that is worth the money, and will last more than a few months before breaking down.....I will gladly buy quality cookware, without paying the extra for any endorsement from ANY famed Chef, or just Cook, that wants to jump on a bandwagon to add expense to a set of cookware that can be had without their name.........Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

I think, regarding a post up-thread, folks who don't cook might not realize that a better quality pan/pot WILL make a big different in the result AND the ability to have even heating and good integrous materials that perform better in/on a heat source.

It's worth it to buy better quality and not go for just price. You good quality cookware WILL last eons longer so you get your money's worth, instead of having to keep replacing it. This is the same basic principle with many product categories.

QVC used to have some really great quality lines. Their Technique Hard Anodized II line was excellent. I'd put it up against any national brand hard anodized cookware. The pieces I've had for quite a few years are like new still and perform very well. Too bad they cheapened the line and dropped the HA II, for their dishwasher safe (PS: nonstick is NOT dishwasher safe!) stuff. It's just nowhere near as good.

Calphalon has a nice line of hard anodized called Unison that is higher end. Their lesser lines aren't as integrous but I've done well with the Unison line.

Cheap junky pans are cheap junky pans, plain and simple.

For enameled cast iron I would avoid, like the plague (!), Chinese-made products. They have problems. Yeah, they are a lot cheaper but you'll be sorry when it spontaneously combusts, explosively removing the enamel from the cast iron, and you have chips all over it with gentle use.

Trusted Contributor

Let me say.....any cook can be a good cook in any cookware.....if they have the proper background of kitchen basics, and taught how to cook from scratch, or even a box......Today, too many "cooks" have never had that background, and did not grow up with home grown food, and started a meal from scratch, and have never been shown how to cook.......No high dollar cookware will make them a better cook.......it merely helps a cook have an arsenal of better cookware that makes it easier to put out a cooked meal with less effort and cleanup.....IF they already have the basics down pat........Yes......I can buy a $2.98 frying pan from Dollar General, but it will warp, and the insides will quickly stick and peel off, and I will just have to buy another $2.98 pan, just to have it happen all over again....... that money adds up.......but I cook a lot, and KNOW the basics, and know to but a more expensive pan, to have it around a little longer, and still produce good tasting food.......Good seasoned cooks will spend a little more, but others will buy what they grew up with, and can still turn out a good meal, and do not look at the idea that paying a little more up front, will allow you to turn out a good meal longer.......Same idea that too many people look at their pay up front, and what they bring home, and do not realize that life insurance, and insurance and milage, and retirement is better for them in the long run.....They look at the up front money value only......{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......