Honored Contributor

Re: Debbie Meyers food boxes

didn't work for me! I have the bags still sitting in the bottom of my pantry just in case I run out of ziploc bags in a pinch
Honored Contributor

Debbie wants us to think there's magic in the green-ness of her products. I don't think they're better than any other plastic food storage container.

Contributor

Mine smelled
Trusted Contributor

Wow, can't believe the bad reviews. I use both the bags and ultra-light containers and love them. First of all, you have to make sure your lettuce, fruits or veggies are totally dry before you put them in the container or bag. They have saved me tons of money. My husband and I make green smoothies every morning and I was always tossing away lettuce, veggies and fruits because they would go bad. Not any more!!!! The bags and containers are amazing. Everything lasts weeks longer. I have never had a "container" break - though they are thin. I highly recommend them.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/4/2014 ValuSkr said:

Debbie wants us to think there's magic in the green-ness of her products. I don't think they're better than any other plastic food storage container.

I think they're worse. I've never seen food go so bad so quickly. What a surprise that was!

And yes, I used them correctly. I've read reviews that said those of us who don't like them didn't know how to use them. I read the directions - It's really not that complicated!

Kiss

Respected Contributor

I've used the green bags for a long time and recently ordered a set of the containers. They have worked well for me so far--I'm always sure to keep the food dry either by placing a paper towel inside or wiping off any condensation that has formed. The biggest complaint I read about was the tabs breaking off the lids, so I'm careful about opening them. It seems odd to have such mixed results. I wonder if general humidity makes a difference, although inside a refrigerator I wouldn't think it would matter.