Honored Contributor

Do these work the way they say or is Lock N Lock just as good for keeping items fresh? On HSN now with free shipping.

Honored Contributor

Re: Debbie Meyer Green Boxes

Jmo JUNK like her green bags!!!! I tossed them after experiencing lots of wasted food. On the other hand, I make a large salad every Monday to use thru the week and my LNL keeps it perfect I just lay a slightly damp power towel over the salad before sealing it.
Honored Contributor

Thanks. I have been using Lock n Lock also.

Honored Contributor

I have used her Green Bags for years and found them to keep food fresher far longer than in a plastic bag. The trick with the bags is not to tie them closed but to fold the ends loosely under the item. The food will spoil in the bags if they are tightly closed at the end. I don't know about her plastic boxes but after the success I've had with her bags and how hard they are to find now I'm going to go over to HSN and look at ordering them....

Good luck...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Q4U said:

I have used her Green Bags for years and found them to keep food fresher far longer than in a plastic bag. The trick with the bags is not to tie them closed but to fold the ends loosely under the item. The food will spoil in the bags if they are tightly closed at the end. I don't know about her plastic boxes but after the success I've had with her bags and how hard they are to find now I'm going to go over to HSN and look at ordering them....

Good luck...

There is no doubt the bags work great. They save money because produce lasts longer and it saves trips to the store because it does not spoil as quickly. I like the bags a lot and just got a bunch from HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used her green bags for years, but only for certain things like tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, some types of lettuce, and a few others things. I thought they would work with bananas, but my bananas keep better just on the counter or in the little plastic bag I bring them home in... never keep them in green bags.

Tried the green boxes once, and it was a total disaster. Put paper towels in for the moisture, etc. -- no luck. Some things just totally rotted, and no way did anything I tried keep for even 10 days, let alone three weeks like she says. Sent them all back. I just cannot force myself to believe anything she says about those boxes on the air.

Honored Contributor

I have never used the green boxes...but if you do like them, I saw huge collection for $20 at Sam's Club this weekend.

Trusted Contributor

I have used both her green bags and boxes and neither of them kept my food fresher. In fact, in my experience they accelerated spoilage. And for the bags, I did as others said. I just folded them over. Didn't tie them. They worked no better than keeping them in the plastic bags I put them in at the grocery store. Wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

Valued Contributor

I have tried the green bags and I really feel that they didn't make a difference one way or another. I almost felt that I was doing something wrong b/c of course they're touted as being miraculous! I have a bunch of the green boxes that came with the bags at one point. I prefer glass for storage, but I do still use the remaining green boxes and think they work fine. But they are not miracle food savers, ime.
Contributor

I have used green boxes & bags because I have two daughters who are vegetarian s. The boxes do work. I have had lettuce, spinach, greens last weeks, crisp & green. Get produce out of the bags it comes in! It traps the gasses that cause rotting. Anything is better than bags. Cut salad will drip moisture & rot faster. Even in a green box. Use a paper towel or wipe any condensation from inside lids. Too much work? Freeze your berries & such, but with Vitamix junkies & two vegetarians & two piscetarians... I always have tons of produce. You can't just throw stuff in & expect it to last month's. The boxes have directions. I don't use the bags. Too expensive & I'm too lazy to wash them.