Respected Contributor

Re: Davids jumping from Nutrisystem to preserves?

Not strange in the least.

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 catlover53 said:

The poster boy of unhealthy eating selling Nutrisystem. What hypocrisy. I know he sells what they tell him to sell. But if I were the Nutrisystem vendor, I would refuse to have David present my product, no matter how much he sells. It's ridiculous to hear him say how satisfying that tiny bag of cheese puffs is or the "big" portions of entrees. He touts the wonders of healthy eating then goes back and eats mac and cheese, bacon, cheeseburger soup, cheesecake, Cheryl's cookies, etc. And he is proud of his unhealthy eating habits.

So?

He is the highest selling host on QVC so I doubt they would "refuse" to let him sell their product...And the fact that he DOES love more decadent food and then pronounces Nutrisystem's food "delicious", actually probably carries a lot of clout with many viewers...

Honored Contributor

The poster boy of unhealthy eating selling Nutrisystem. What hypocrisy. I know he sells what they tell him to sell. But if I were the Nutrisystem vendor, I would refuse to have David present my product, no matter how much he sells. It's ridiculous to hear him say how satisfying that tiny bag of cheese puffs is or the "big" portions of entrees. He touts the wonders of healthy eating then goes back and eats mac and cheese, bacon, cheeseburger soup, cheesecake, Cheryl's cookies, etc. And he is proud of his unhealthy eating habits.

I think Nutrisystem is just as unhealthy.

It's filled with preservatives...totally fake food.

Honored Contributor

The thing is, that not everyone is needing or looking for the same thing. When you go to the grocery store, they will offer up and sell all in the same building, organic fresh produce, and prepackaged preservative filled processed foods. No one seems to feel there is a conflict of interest there, so why any difference on a TV show about food.

Some people need the diet program, some people don't. Some want a healthy recipe, some want a gooey yummy not at all good for you dessert. If they want to appeal to all the customers out there, they have to offer a variety, and the salesman isn't necessarily being dishonest or disingenuous by moving from one to the next, or enjoying them all. I have had some pre packaged diet foods that are ok and I eat them, and I like some of the not so good sugary sweet stuff, and I like the fresh whole veggies and fruits, so I appreciate seeing the variety, and don't find it at all odd that one person could have something positive to say about all three.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Mothertrucker said:

So?

He is the highest selling host on QVC so I doubt they would "refuse" to let him sell their product...And the fact that he DOES love more decadent food and then pronounces Nutrisystem's food "delicious", actually probably carries a lot of clout with many viewers...

Well maybe, except there is nothing "delicious" about Nutrisystem food whatsoever.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Hypocrisy???? They are just selling the products in the show's lineup which the host has nothing to do with. People take things so personally.