Trusted Contributor

I am a huge David fan and bought the book.  the $3.50 for shipping is not going to make me or break me so for me its just not a big deal.  I don't purchase that much maybe at most like 7-10 items per year.

David has said on many occasions the print will be larger and darker in this book.  I am more of a cookbook reader than a cook.  I have his other 3 books.

we all have our things with me I just enjoy watching him in the kitchen and I realize he is not a chef just a home cook like he says countless times.  I also enjoy his Christmas shows.

Honored Contributor

I have not bought any of his cookbooks but I appreciate how he refers to himself as a "home cook" and I enjoy him.  

But, his newest book isn't a "new concept" for years Sandra Lee had her show "Semi-Homemade" on Food Network which I loved and of course, I have her cookbooks. (wish FN was still had good cooking shows vs competitions)

62D4313F-20B8-4F12-8FFD-0F0522F7113D.jpeg

I use this book a lot these are 2 of my fav recipes:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I am a huge David fan and bought the book.  the $3.50 for shipping is not going to make me or break me so for me its just not a big deal.  I don't purchase that much maybe at most like 7-10 items per year.

David has said on many occasions the print will be larger and darker in this book.  I am more of a cookbook reader than a cook.  I have his other 3 books.

we all have our things with me I just enjoy watching him in the kitchen and I realize he is not a chef just a home cook like he says countless times.  I also enjoy his Christmas shows.

@Miss Pepsi  I can echo everything you said. And, I'm also a cookbook reader. Looking forward to reading this one.

Respected Contributor

I ordered it; this is the first of his cookbooks I've ordered.  As far as waiting til free shipping day, as someone else said the price may be higher then.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Davids cook book?

[ Edited ]

They did this same thing with the last cookbook launch. They sold it the first time with no free shipping. Then, closer to the launch, they had it for the same price, but WITH free s&h. I tried to change or cancel the order, but they said the order was too old and they coukldn't change it, which makes no sense since the book hadn't shipped yet. Anyway, the social team ended up refunding many of our s&h, so if I decide to order it, which I probably won't this tinme, I will wait until free s&h. I know, it's not a lot of money, but it is the idea. If they want to reward early customers, then give the best deal on the first day.

Respected Contributor

I ordered his first cookbook, but really never made any of the recipes. I have a stack of cookbooks that I'm taking to Goodwill including his.  I really have no plans for any more because if I decide to make something I go online and get the recipe. 

Honored Contributor

I used to buy cookbooks and they'd end up as reading material more than anything.  I bought one of David's first cookbooks - two of them actually; one for me and one for DIL. I don't know if she ever used hers but I can tell you I never used mine. Today I have a library of cookbooks that sit there unused.  They are useless to me since the recipes call for ingredients we don't use anymore.  I guess I'm hanging onto them for sentimental reasons., I really need to get rid of them.  I also find cookbooks to be obsolete since any recipe can be found on the internet.

Super Contributor

I agree with you about the F.N.  I would like to watch a cooking show and learn at the same time.  One of my favorite shows from "back in the day" was Cooking Live with Sara Moulton.  I wish they would return to education instead of competition.  

Super Contributor

Re: Davids cook book?

[ Edited ]

I like the idea of cookbooks, but the reality is there is nothing new under the sun and every recipe can pretty much be found online. Some of David's recipes from his new cookbook sounded similar to things I've seen before.

I like purusing online recipe blogs or even search engines for something new.  Periodically I will print out like 20 new recipes to try.  If the recipe turns out to be a keeper I will put it in a special binder. I recently found some great ones to use with my air fryer.

As I get older it's easy to tell if a recipe might be good or not just by looking at the ingredients and seasonings. So many cookbooks have recipes with weird ingredients that are hard to find.  Or there will be recipes that are not new at all.  The rules are very loose for printing a recipe as "yours".

Respected Contributor

@Suneshine   "Cooking Live" got me hooked on Food Network.  I made sure dinner was finished and dishes washed so I could sit down for an hour to watch.  She also had a 10PM show that we always watched.  She taught viewers so much.  Sara even read a letter on air that I sent to her.  I also remember "Emeril Live" at 8 PM.   For the longest time we didn't watch network TV.  Those were the days.