Contributor

David's Recipe for "Pretzel Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats"

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this recipe yet? I was anxious to try it, as it sounded good and something different. I went to the store specifically to purchase the ingredients, came home and followed the recipe explicitly and found it to turn out as a huge disappointment!! It is "crumbly" when sliced into bars, as opposed to sticking together and being chewy like the original "Rice Krispies Treat Bars" and for my taste, it is not nearly sweet enough by comparison. I'm thinking the saltiness of both the peanut butter along with the pretzels is very detracting from the small amount of MM Cream. I really hate that I wasted all that money because the ingredients are not cheap (but then, what grocery items are these days?) First of all, I do not see what the chopped pretzel bits contribute to the recipe other than to be probably what makes it not bind and hold together. Secondly, it seems the recipe should have both more butter as well as twice as much of the marshmallow cream to perhaps offset what the pretzel bits do to this recipe. Guaranteed, I will never make this again! I'll be anxious to know if anyone else experienced this same thing or if this is one of those "it must just be me" things. It's not like this is a difficult "level" recipe, so for me, I consider it a faulty/poor recipe and one not well tested.