Honored Contributor

Re: David on Home and Family Show

Glad David had his moment in the sun. It might help add new viewers to his cooking shows on the Q. I agree he might make a good emcee of a Food Network cooking competition show.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia

Thank you for sharing the link!

I have to say it again...what a fine gentleman David is -- in any situation🙂🙂🙂

I hope he has "bigger" plans after his reign on Q like the next Food Network Sandra Lee (she was the queen of shortcuts & store bought items) turning out wonderful food!

Food Network needs someone like David to ramp up the cooking shows!!!

Wow! do they still  have COOKING shows on the Food Network? its mostly visiting restaurants and competitions..very little real cooking that I can see...not in pri

me time ayway...

Honored Contributor

Hung......no happy dance.....

Trusted Contributor

David is wonderful and I rarely miss a Sunday show, but this recipe probably has enough sodium to last anyone three days!  Not one, but TWO pre-prepared soups, has to be heart attack inducing!  WHOA!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sammijo.......I think it only has one soup.....cream of chicken (can buy low sodium and/or fat-free) and one package of dry onion soup mix.....you are right to avoid too much salt ...I do too.....but, I will try this recipe.....anything in moderation.

Note ....I just checked both in my cupboard and you are right A LOT of sodium!  I'll fix healthy meals rest of week...😀!   Eat at your own risk I guess!  

Trusted Contributor

I have not seen it yet, but I am happy for him.  He seemed so excited when he spoke of it on his show.  Its great that they asked him on. Thanks for the link ladies. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10

and others 

Honestly, most here (or on other threads) aren't "complaining" about the sodium or the recipe but saying they enjoyed David on the show! 

It always makes me laugh how some need to twist a "good thing" into a whole other direction🤔

I don't have any of his books nor do I use a lot of pre-packaged foods not my style of cooking.  but this has nothing to do with his appearance and what a good segment it was on the show.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammijo10 wrote:

David is wonderful and I rarely miss a Sunday show, but this recipe probably has enough sodium to last anyone three days!  Not one, but TWO pre-prepared soups, has to be heart attack inducing!  WHOA!

@Sammijo10: Sodium intake is a major issue for many. However, you can still prepare this recipe by using low or no sodium soups which are readily available in most grocery stores.

Contributor

I'm sorry to be a wet blanket, but I honestly don't think David could last one season on any other network. 

Both his "Happy Dance" and the degree to which he is touchy/huggie with the ladies would not be tolerated.

He does have a great, expressive voice, so maybe a radio show... 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ArmoBuyer wrote:

I'm sorry to be a wet blanket, but I honestly don't think David could last one season on any other network. 

Both his "Happy Dance" and the degree to which he is touchy/huggie with the ladies would not be tolerated.

He does have a great, expressive voice, so maybe a radio show... 

@ArmoBuyer

“....and the degree to which his  touchy/huggie with the ladies would not be tolerated.”

Why?  Do you find his behavior offensive?  Please explain.

To me, David seems like a polite southern gentleman.  Smiley Happy

Hung