Honored Contributor

Re: David has waaaay more will power than

@Leggett28 wrote:

I have never liked cheesecake. I sure this is weird to some people.

Not to my husband he can't stand the smell . thinks it's clabbered milk

LOL  He can eat those disgusting sardines that I don't even want in the house. Peel off the lid and the smell knocks you out. Who can eat that stinking stuff. LOL

Sour cream has to go too. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

agree I love any good cheesecake!!! I think the only time I saw him "sneak a taste" was the tiramisu cake -- but he did mention he received samples at home.  Lucky guy🙂

and he sampled the wine!

Honored Contributor

The only cheesecake I like is the old fashioned kind that is not real sweet, not real fluffy, and isn't just a whipped sugar bomb.  

But I haven't seen one of those in years. 

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

agree I love any good cheesecake!!! I think the only time I saw him "sneak a taste" was the tiramisu cake -- but he did mention he received samples at home.  Lucky guy🙂

and he sampled the wine!

I noticed that too.  I guess it was because he opened the bottle himself, but did he also sanitize the glasses himself?

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

I have never liked cheesecake. I sure this is weird to some people.

I never did, either, until I had Junior's.

The reason for me was that it seemed like everybody I knew making it was putting gross stuff like sour cream in it.  yick!    Once I got to try cheesecake that was made correctly, I really got to like it.  Haven't had it for years but I used to get some of the Junior's products and never had one that wasn't great.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Junior's cheescake is the best. I am now 72 years old.  My dad worked at a precision machine company in Brookyn, New York and  very close to where the original Junior store was.  He would call me before he left work and picked up the cheesecake slices for me.  They were perfect and no cheesecake comes close to the way they make them.  At times, we would go down to the store and I was able to pick out the slices that I wanted.  I was two years old when my Mom and Dad took me to Junior's at the corner of DeKalb and Flatbush Avenues in Brooklyn, NY.  I got to meet the Rosens and was one of their favorite customers.  Many generations grew up there and still remember their experiences.  You cannot go wrong ordering from Junior's.  

Regular Contributor

The Cheese cake factory is going out of business.and is bankrupt.

Honored Contributor

@Whitney400 wrote:

The Cheese cake factory is going out of business.and is bankrupt.

@Whitney400   I have not seen this about the Cheesecake Factory,  In fact, it was reported just a week ago that despite some Cheesecake Factory locations closing, it's to-go business allowed most locations to stay open, and it has been looking forward to reopening its restaurants. In early June, 25% of its restaurants were reopened, and it had recaptured 75% of their pre-pandemic sales.  We went to our location CF just last week. 

But of course, if the recession continues or gets worse, any restaurant is in trouble. 

Super Contributor

Oh, he’s hitting the cakes on the side, believe me.  He’s obviously morbidly obese and sounds to have labored breathing.  He really should get his health under control.  It’s starting to show.

Regular Contributor

Maybe the information I received about the Cheesecake Factory was not accurate.  Perhaps they will be shutting their stores in stages.  I know the one in Milford, CT is gone.  I just checked their website.  They are still in the process of reopening but had to close due to COVID.  Sorry.