Contributor

Does David ever say what he does or where he goes on vacation as every other host does. I've never heard him say a word other than visiting his mother.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes he does and sometimes he does not.  None of my business anyways and I really don't care where he vacations at.  Just like he could care less where I vacation at. 

Honored Contributor

@akxss wrote:

Does David ever say what he does or where he goes on vacation as every other host does. I've never heard him say a word other than visiting his mother.

@akxss  David posts plenty of photos while on his vacation -- they're on his Instagram and Facebook pages (mostly on Instagram) .  He never posts exactly where he is, rightly so.  He posts at the pool, preparing for his 4th of July party, enjoying a drink to beat the heat, etc.  

Contributor

Probably why I never see anything since I'm not on those platforms. Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

I know where he goes on vacations sometimes.  My brother and his family have seen him several times.  They own a beach home.

David is allowed to keep his life private.  If he wanted the public to know where he was, he would tell them.

Contributor

Then why does he need to post ANY vacation photos if he wants to keep his life so private? If he thinks people are so interested in that, then is it not a logical extension to have those same people wonder where he goes. If you want privacy as is his right, don't post vacation photos.

Respected Contributor

Re: David and his vacation

[ Edited ]

@akxss 

You make a good point.  Honestly, that's my opinion of the entire concept of "social media."  On one hand, experts caution us to keep our business, private information, personal details, etc to ourselves to avoid scams, stalking, crime, etc.  Then many people put "everything out there," including information about their children.  That really gives me pause.  By the way, I do not belong to Facebook, or Twitter or Instagram, or any such groups.  

Respected Contributor

There are some positions in the media were employees are contractually required, by their employer, to post regularly on social media sites.  

Respected Contributor

@akxss wrote:

Then why does he need to post ANY vacation photos if he wants to keep his life so private? If he thinks people are so interested in that, then is it not a logical extension to have those same people wonder where he goes. If you want privacy as is his right, don't post vacation photos.

He may have a contractual obligation to post just enough to keep his fans interested. Marketing 101

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor
Thought he went to One of the beaches in DE a lot.