Respected Contributor

@walker wrote:

This is an old thread...all about David taking a vacation...so what?  He deserves all the time he gets off and what better time to enjoy it than during the summer....off to beach area.  He works hard....3-4-5 hour programs on screen, multiple meetings before and his coffee chats too.  Many people who live close to beach area like to enjoy time there.  You can travel and be careful what you do.  Take a vacation...take a break...get a change of scenery when you can.  Ever hear...life is 

The thread was started on July 11, so it isn't old. I don't understand why it is said that someone "deserves" a vacation. The vacation time is part of an employment contract, and it seems that the QVC hosts earn quite a lot of it. Good for them!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Alberti is on vacation this week, and in his Live video in Instagram on Wednesday [that he held from his vacation spot in California] he said he gets 5 weeks of vacation annually.  He put emphasis on he gets 5 weeks.  I wouldn't be at all surprised that other hosts, like David, with more seniority get much more than 5 weeks.

Why in the world that would ever be a problem with anyone, I don't get it. 

Honored Contributor

@akxss wrote:

Then why does he need to post ANY vacation photos if he wants to keep his life so private? If he thinks people are so interested in that, then is it not a logical extension to have those same people wonder where he goes. If you want privacy as is his right, don't post vacation photos.

completely agree, 

I think it is to pacify the q fans and QVC who want to know he gives enough to "oh he is on vacation" and nothing else

I cringe when I see one of the new hosts posting her kids first day of school in front of her house and their names,

keep your QVC stuff to the Q 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@akxss wrote:

Then why does he need to post ANY vacation photos if he wants to keep his life so private? If he thinks people are so interested in that, then is it not a logical extension to have those same people wonder where he goes. If you want privacy as is his right, don't post vacation photos.

completely agree, 

I think it is to pacify the q fans and QVC who want to know he gives enough to "oh he is on vacation" and nothing else

I cringe when I see one of the new hosts posting her kids first day of school in front of her house and their names,

keep your QVC stuff to the Q 

There are also seasoned hosts who post many pictures of their kids. It is so unnecessary.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever - Just to let you know, from the traffic I see, the sold out hotels not to mention thousands of people on the beach, most people ARE taking vacations.

Respected Contributor
One of the reasons they started posting on social media their whereabouts may be to avoid so many asking “where is this or that host” when they are not seen on air for a few days. I like seeing their photos on IG, most posted after they have already returned from vacation or being off a few days. Many people I worked with had homes or condos on eastern shore and went every weekend during summer months. Nothing I was ever interested in but who cares how someone else spends their time and money.
Respected Contributor
Amazing the lavish lifestyles these hosts have. Cant fathom retail associates at Macys or Kohls with 2nd homes.
Esteemed Contributor

That's because the comparison of QVC hosts to retail sales personnel is, in my opinion, false.

They are primarily television personalities and are compensated appropriately as such.

Your Kohls sales person is not in front of a television camera.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Amazing the lavish lifestyles these hosts have. Cant fathom retail associates at Macys or Kohls with 2nd homes.

@Reever  Having a summer home doesn't always have to equate to a 'lavish' lifestyle. Both my sets of Grandparents had summer homes in Jersey shore towns in the forties and fifties. Simple homes by the water. That is how my parents met. People spend their money in different ways like buying tons of needless items from QVC.