Honored Contributor

I saw him years ago with a bunch of buddies crossing over a strip of road known as the Forgotten Mile on a Friday or Saturday night.  Headed into Dewey Beach.  Fun times!

Honored Contributor

I've heard David say when he is going to visit his mom, but he says very little about where else he goes. Sometimes he will talk a bit more about it after he is back, but I assume he often revisits places, so keeps the details to himself. He posts generic type pics of him on a beach or at a pool, but there is little 'evidence' as to exactly where he is. 

Smart guy. He wants some peace and privacy, I'm sure. 

In fact, I find it odd, and scary, especially after the stalker issues that Lisa Robertson had, that these hosts would share so much on social media and on air about their homes, their beach homes, their vacations, when they are leaving, where they are going, their kids, etc. Some are more private than others and I get that they share like most people do today on social media, but there is just way too much private information that could put them and their families at risk being said/shown. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio I think QVC knows who their customer is so in my opinion that is why hosts post what they do or not.

& wow, this is the first time I've been able to get into the forums in weeks.

Respected Contributor
In my opinion the hosts obsession with the shore results from trying to "one up" each other with their second homes. They view their vacation homes as toys. Each host trying to out due the other. Ridiculous that they need second homes.
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
In my opinion the hosts obsession with the shore results from trying to "one up" each other with their second homes. They view their vacation homes as toys. Each host trying to out due the other. Ridiculous that they need second homes.

I don't think that they are the ones with the obsession.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I know many people who live in PA that have second beach homes in NJ, MD and DE. It is quite common here.

Most of my family and my husbands family own beach homes and my parents did as well.

Homes are not toys..how silly.  When you go to stay at the beach, it costs thousands for just a week.  It is more cost effective to just buy a place.  Then you can go more often and invite friends.

My DH and I are not into the beach, so we have a place near a lake and also an RV that we take all over the US on vacation.

It is not ridiculous to enjoy life and go on vacation. These beach homes are also great investments. Property values at the beach are always going up.

Respected Contributor
@Camie wrote "It is not ridiculous to enjoy life and go on vacation"

Who is vacationing during the scourge ? No one I know.
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
@Camie wrote "It is not ridiculous to enjoy life and go on vacation"

Who is vacationing during the scourge ? No one I know.

So because no one that you know is taking vacations, therefore no one is traveling? That's a really, really far stretch, and is quite frankly ridiculous. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor
@FrostyBabe, all relatives have cancelled plans to travel. the Delta variant is real and terrifying. If anyone must travel please wear an N95 mask.
Honored Contributor

This is an old thread...all about David taking a vacation...so what?  He deserves all the time he gets off and what better time to enjoy it than during the summer....off to beach area.  He works hard....3-4-5 hour programs on screen, multiple meetings before and his coffee chats too.  Many people who live close to beach area like to enjoy time there.  You can travel and be careful what you do.  Take a vacation...take a break...get a change of scenery when you can.  Ever hear...life is short?