Respected Contributor

Today on ITKWD David while demonstrating a pan pointed to brussel sprouts and called them "little green balls of death".  Then he said I'm sorry they have a name don't they.  Did I use my inside voice and take it outside?  Ha, it was pretty funny.  

Honored Contributor

Re: David and Brussel Sprouts

Lol!   It does sound funny, but this host is like my brother....seems to dislike veggies and other healthy foods and their physical appearances prove they are eating the wrong things!

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

Lol!   It does sound funny, but this host is like my brother....seems to dislike veggies and other healthy foods and their physical appearances prove they are eating the wrong things!

That's quite an assumption to make about someone you do not know personally, just because he dislikes brussel sprouts.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 @I don't know this host personally. Neither do you.   I think he seems like a nice guy during his presentations.  

what I "know" is that he's a big guy.   I also know what he looked like in his earlier years at QVC. The camera doesn't lie.  

Honored Contributor

He really has a way with words. He can be so funny, makes me lol!

Esteemed Contributor

in the real world it doesn't matter in the littlest bit 

Seriously!

Honored Contributor

I hated Brussels sprouts as a child, but after having roasted Brussels sprouts as an adult, I could eat those little suckers all day!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife   Same here!   I buy 2 pound bags of sprouts at Costco.  Little balls of health. 

Honored Contributor

Roasted Brussels sprouts are great!!!  I don't cut mine in half.  I like Parmesan cheese on mine, DH likes Balsamic vinegar.

Crispy roasted Brussels sprouts on a sheet pan with olive oil

Respected Contributor

I love Brussels Sprouts. I roast them with a little olive oil, fresh ground pepper and garlic. I could eat them every day.