Regular Contributor

Re: David Venable's first cookbook

On 10/20/2014 boby said:

Rocco DeSpirito's "Now Eat This Italian" (which is actually a pretty good book) is a monster hardcover with something like fewer that 200 recipes, so you can imagine its more like a DeSpirito family photo album. They do have lots of photos of the food too.

Speaking of prices on David's first book, which you would expect to be low with the second one now coming out, I picked up a copy of #1 as a $2 add-on through my book club.

I'd like to know if they did anything about that almost invisible grey lettering that was in #1. Thanks!

Yes they did fix that terrible faux pas from the first book! The lettering is definitely better. I never did understand how the first book made it through editing.

Honored Contributor

Nick Malgieri's new cookbook is wonderful looking and the recipes great but you simply cannot read it. They have tons of room for bigger type and this tiny type is in light gray. Seems to be a fad now. STUPID! I was glad to see Mark Bittman's new Fast cookbook is easy to read--and looks great! I got it yesterday.

Regular Contributor

BooBoo2: Thanks for the heads-up.

Regular Contributor

On 10/14/2014 birkin baby said:
On 10/14/2014 LadyBug77 said: Way to go! I got it for $1.00 at a garage sale this past weekend.
lol...and I thought I got a deal. What will u try first??
Just wanted to chime in that I have his first cookbook and something we have made several times is the Browned Rice. It is REALLY good and super easy to make.