Esteemed Contributor

Re: David Venable’s Hot Chocolate taken off website

@Caaareful Shopperwrote:

@Effie54Did QVC or David mention that it was "removed" for any other reason than it sold out?

David put the hot chocolate link in all of his social media posts for days. The way David's fans had near heart attacks when his calendar sold out, perhaps they quickly bought all the hot chocolate as well.

I don't watch David, but though possible, not probably that it sold out. There was a barrage of negative comments, questions and suggestions....and not one "real review". So before this product even got off the ground, it had a very low rating due to customers insensitivity.

Trusted Contributor

@Effie54Kind of confusing isn't it. Only thing I can think is possibly there was a limited # of this hot chocolate that was available as I see other offers by Serendipity still available.

Respected Contributor

If it said sold out I'm likely to believe it's sold out. I suspect customers wanting to buy it would do so regardless of reviews and jumped on purchasing it once it was available.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It probably sold out, with no waitlist. Most things associated with David do sell out.

People on his Facebook are talking about how they watched the movie and purchased the hot chocolate.

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

It probably sold out, with no waitlist. Most things associated with David do sell out.

People on his Facebook are talking about how they watched the movie and purchased the hot chocolate.

Okay, cool. I'm glad they did. I just thought it was an odd coincidence that it was just put up on the website and so many people made awful, disparaging comments without even having tried it. I thought that was grossly unfair to David. I'm glad that shoppers actually purchased it, and will have the chance to enjoy it without ridiculous bias. I might've bought it myself if I had seen a couple of real reviews.

Respected Contributor

The same people who bash David for being an entrepreneur and taking advantage of his name, fame, personality ( which is perfectly fine)..

will buy those junky Sherpa items from Jill Martin who is being an entrepreneur and taking advantage of her name, fame, and personality ( which is perfectly fine).

David Venable is an American selling an American made product, based on his name recognition, fame on QVC, and capitalizing on those elements.

What is WRONG with people who bash that concept?

Especially after all the "Where are all the American made products?!?!?"whines on this board?

Bash the product if you dont' care for it, but in this country, no matter who you are, you can create and sell a product with your name on it.

It's done every day.

I do not care one way or the other for David...but he DOES do a great job of selling and has a large fan base. Good for him.

The REAL question is WHY QVC would allow personal attacks of one of thier main stars on the comments on the product pages.

Is there ANYONE awake at QVC corporate? How about the CEO????

How about fixing this HTML garbage on the comments , and the fact you can no longer space your comments for ease of reading?

And they wonder why thier customers are jumping ship.

O yeah. Thanks for the 15.00 off for new customers over the last weekend, on top of thier free shipping offer til January 31, 2023.

Sheeesh.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeenwrote:

The same people who bash David for being an entrepreneur and taking advantage of his name, fame, personality ( which is perfectly fine)..

will buy those junky Sherpa items from Jill Martin who is being an entrepreneur and taking advantage of her name, fame, and personality ( which is perfectly fine).

David Venable is an American selling an American made product, based on his name recognition, fame on QVC, and capitalizing on those elements.

What is WRONG with people who bash that concept?

Especially after all the "Where are all the American made products?!?!?"whines on this board?

Bash the product if you dont' care for it, but in this country, no matter who you are, you can create and sell a product with your name on it.

It's done every day.

I do not care one way or the other for David...but he DOES do a great job of selling and has a large fan base. Good for him.

The REAL question is WHY QVC would allow personal attacks of one of thier main stars on the comments on the product pages.

Is there ANYONE awake at QVC corporate? How about the CEO????

How about fixing this HTML garbage on the comments , and the fact you can no longer space your comments for ease of reading?

And they wonder why thier customers are jumping ship.

O yeah. Thanks for the 15.00 off for new customers over the last weekend, on top of thier free shipping offer til January 31, 2023.

Sheeesh.

I have seen nasty comments also posted online about the man. Very sad how so many can be vindictive toward this man.

Trusted Contributor

@Reeverwrote

I have seen nasty comments also posted online about the man. Very sad how so many can be vindictive toward this man.

It is very sad how so many can be vindictive about any host.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

I'm still sitting here thinking what can you possibly say negative about hot chocolate? I do wish this will be the impetus for QVC to fix the review system.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE Ghirardelli hot chocolate! Woo!

It comes in a canister or envelopes! Very superior to Hershey.

Ghirardelli Chocolate Premium Chocolate Hazelnut Hot Cocoa - Shop Cocoa at  H-E-B