Esteemed Contributor

David Venable's Facebook #Foodiefoto

[ Edited ]

I don't post on Facebook, but I really like seeing the #foodiefoto posts on DV's Facebook post on Tuesday's and Wednesdays. It gives me new ideas, and some of the posts are gorgeous - especially the cakes! And, I always try to guess which one will be chosen to be featured on ITKWD.  However, there are one or two people who continually post purloined Internet photos and try to pass them off as their own. There are no credits given to the original post. It probably shouldn't bother me, but it does. 

Honored Contributor

Re: David Venable's Facebook #Foodiefoto

I can't figure Facebook out at all. Ok, you post your comment, then how do you get the **** thing to go thru ? there's no submit option. I hit my 'enter' key, nothing. Few times I was able to get it to go thru was when I added a stupid emoticon then it went thru, but, couldn't find it after that.

David just does stupid stunts in there and never answers people's questions even about a product . It's useless to me.

Gary Goban is some better about answering his public I've gotten returns from him before.  I know David is a big shot and has lots of followers, but, it would tickle me to death if he would answer one question. Maybe he can hire assistants to field questions for him.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  You might be referring to his Facebook coffee chats?  I like to view the #Foodiefotos that are posted on his Facebook page on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They always pick one to feature on the Wednesday night ITKWD. I've never posted a question or anything else on Facebook.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I can't figure Facebook out at all. Ok, you post your comment, then how do you get the **** thing to go thru ? there's no submit option. I hit my 'enter' key, nothing. Few times I was able to get it to go thru was when I added a stupid emoticon then it went thru, but, couldn't find it after that.

David just does stupid stunts in there and never answers people's questions even about a product . It's useless to me.

Gary Goban is some better about answering his public I've gotten returns from him before.  I know David is a big shot and has lots of followers, but, it would tickle me to death if he would answer one question. Maybe he can hire assistants to field questions for him.

@SharkE  On my IPad I type a question and hit the return key and it will post.

Honored Contributor

I know messages go by fast too many people in there, but, right after I post I can't even find my comment.   Waste of time for me.

Same thing goes for Mary DeAngeles (however, you spell that name)

I just don't have any luck in those things. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

deleted because I was asked to delete a quote.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Sooner I've just deleted it. Is it possible to delete your quote?

@PA Mom-mom You can Google it and find out why.  I will delete it if you want, but don't you think if we leave it other people will learn why it is offensive and why not to use it?

We know you did not mean it as hurtful and did not do it intentially, but I would hope it could be a learning moment for some others (like me until last week) who didn't know.

So if you want, I'll delete. . . 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Sooner I've just deleted it. Is it possible to delete your quote?

@PA Mom-mom You can Google it and find out why.  I will delete it if you want, but don't you think if we leave it other people will learn why it is offensive and why not to use it?

We know you did not mean it as hurtful and did not do it intentially, but I would hope it could be a learning moment for some others (like me until last week) who didn't know.

So if you want, I'll delete. . . 

@Sooner 

I googled it because I didn't know!!!  I learned something new today thank you -- although it's a "slang" term I have never or would use🙂.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  I know.  Isn't it terrible on so many levels?  I am shocked.  I know you were too.  It makes me very sad .  It's just someone's name.