Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

You seem to have a soft heart....my only point is there are LOTS of other programs on TeeVee if all you have is TeeVee, and you have to have a signal of some kind to get TeeVee, so there are plenty of other shows to watch to wile away the hours...

QVC is fun, but sheesh...no one should have thier life revolve around it, or get so upset when a few hosts leave. 

Every TV show ends.

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen  I agree that there is no need to plan around a TV show but maybe I want to  and  why would anyone criticize my choices?  Yes we have so much at our fingertips. news, research, education, see a book of interest, within minutes I can buy, download and begin to read.  We can pick and choose but maybe some are just done, and should not be mocked, criticized or judged.  @Reever  just do you.  

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac 

O come on now....

I just wanted to point out there are many different channels on the good ole box.

No one should be that hung up on a host leaving, or when a long time host takes vacation.

That IS odd.

I watch QVC because it's funnier than comedy teevee . Didn't always used to be that way, but it is now....and for  me, it'll do til the markets open at 6......

Plus no politics, brutality, or horrible news. 

I guess that's why a lot of people watch.

Which is not a good thing for Q..they should come here to buy.

And...I'm suggesting one could LEARN something new by tearing away from the jabber on Q and expanding thier reach....there's so much out there....

Super Contributor

@Othereeeen 

You are a HOOT & a half!  Takes a lot to make me laugh but you nailed it!!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I hope I never have to plan my life around watching QVC.  How sad.

@Carmie   And what a horrible comment from you.    

It is true...It is very sad that some people plan their life around QVC...very sad, indeed.

It is not a happy time.  My comment was not meant as a put down to anyone.  And I am sticking to my comment.  I would rather read a book or find something else on the internet to watch than QVC.  i would be very sad if I had to plan my life around a shopping channel.

My comment is not horrible.  Would you rather I said I am happy and thrilled that some people plan their lives around QVC?

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

If I were David I'd be worried.

@Sooner 

There are a lot more hosts with more years of service and presumably making more money than David.  

Honored Contributor

I think all of QVC's employees should be worried.  QVC's  bottom line is not looking good.

Unless things pick up and they make a profit, the business as we know it will fold.

I  am thinking they will stop all TV broadcast and just be an online retailer.  If they still can't make a go of it, they will go out of business or merge with HSN.  It is too expensive to keep two TV retailers working. 

More aggressive changes are coming.  All the whining, complaining and threats aren't going to change a thing. 

People using QVC as an entertainment channel who don't buy, aren't helping and they should prepare for the worse.

Valued Contributor

Many corporations will ask their long time employees to use their vacation. They don't want to have to pay them when they leave.  We could only carry over 2 weeks. 

Honored Contributor

@suzykee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Let's get this right. They were talking about a viewing schedule NOT a life. "How sad" - yes it is. You have NO idea what this person is going through. After living with incurable cancer for 7 years ( they gave me 1-2 years but I'm still here) "life" is not what it used to be & it is indeed sad at times when you don't have the energy to go out so TV is your friend. I honestly hope YOU nor ANYONE ELSE has to live a life that you regard as sad.

Unfortunately, many in my family have gone through sad times, including me. I am not sure what you think the definition of sad is. I used the word to mean unhappy and sorrow, not pathetic or any other degrading meaning.

You jumped to conclusions and attacked me.  There is no excuse for that. So, yes, let's get this right.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie   And what a horrible comment from you.    

It is true...It is very sad that some people plan their life around QVC...very sad, indeed.

It is not a happy time.  My comment was not meant as a put down to anyone.  And I am sticking to my comment.  I would rather read a book or find something else on the internet to watch than QVC.  i would be very sad if I had to plan my life around a shopping channel.

My comment is not horrible.  Would you rather I said I am happy and thrilled that some people plan their lives around QVC?

No one knows what any person's situation is here.

The bottom line...it is truly no one's business how another person chooses to spend their day.

The comment about being "sad" was unfortunate.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF