Valued Contributor

You're assuming there's a drop in sales when David is not there. Do you know that for a fact or are you just assuming. I could care less who the host is. If I'm interested in a product I may purchase it; if not I won't -- regardless of who the host is. 

Valued Contributor

So you wouldn't allow vacation of two weeks in a row? Many, many workers have two weeks vacation (at least) and can take them consecutively if they wish.

Valued Contributor

Really? I buy what I want regardless of the host. Like you I did think Bob Bowersox did a good job.

Respected Contributor

Re: David Venable off again

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I hope I never have to plan my life around watching QVC.  How sad.

@Carmie   And what a horrible comment from you.    

Respected Contributor

@KatieB 

Actually, I think Carmie and others here are correct...there IS no need to "plan one's life: around QVC" or ANY TV show....and it's not going to come to that for ANY of us who still log on.

ALL....every single one....of the people who respond, read or post here, can log on to the biggest world of information we ever had in our lifetime, at our fingertips, in our own homes, whether propped in bed, in a wheelchair, or in ANY condition.

THINK  how lucky WE are to have this unlimited access to movies, podcasts, websites, steaming, teevee broadcasts...ALL the media that comes into our home...

Just 40 years ago, we had, for the most part, teeVee with five channels and the daily newspaper.

NO ONE has to be tethered to QVC to get thier daily "company"....start exploring other sites and venues, read, watch, and explore what's available.

QVC will survive or not. Your life will NOT end if QVC does. Just pick up your device, and start exploring TODAY. 

You'll NEVER run out of choices.

We can thank goodness we're alive now and this is so.

Imagine what being elderly, bedridden or wheelchair bound was like before the internet.

THAT would have been like a prison sentence.

Trusted Contributor

That's why I appreciate that each week David posts his weekly schedule on his facebook page, he mentions any time off that he's taking during his coffee talks & on his shows prior to taking time off he mentions that he's taking time off & when he'll be back & he mentions this multiple times.  

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

That's why I appreciate that each week David posts his weekly schedule on his facebook page, he mentions any time off that he's taking during his coffee talks & on his shows prior to taking time off he mentions that he's taking time off & when he'll be back & he mentions this multiple times.  

@colleena  Yes, I like that. It comes in handy when I want to watch the show and will know who the host will be.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  Yep, me too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I hope I never have to plan my life around watching QVC.  How sad.

im hurt that you think that way. Has it occurred to you that some are home bound? I was simply starting I enjoy ITKWD not ITKWM. Many foodies are disappointed that this is the 2nd week without the regular host. 

I hear you @Reever  and I can understand why you are hurt. It was an unkind and uncalled for remark by @Carmie  We don’t know other people’s circumstance and should be careful before judging.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@KatieB 

Actually, I think Carmie and others here are correct...there IS no need to "plan one's life: around QVC" or ANY TV show....and it's not going to come to that for ANY of us who still log on.

ALL....every single one....of the people who respond, read or post here, can log on to the biggest world of information we ever had in our lifetime, at our fingertips, in our own homes, whether propped in bed, in a wheelchair, or in ANY condition.

THINK  how lucky WE are to have this unlimited access to movies, podcasts, websites, steaming, teevee broadcasts...ALL the media that comes into our home...

Just 40 years ago, we had, for the most part, teeVee with five channels and the daily newspaper.

NO ONE has to be tethered to QVC to get thier daily "company"....start exploring other sites and venues, read, watch, and explore what's available.

QVC will survive or not. Your life will NOT end if QVC does. Just pick up your device, and start exploring TODAY. 

You'll NEVER run out of choices.

We can thank goodness we're alive now and this is so.

Imagine what being elderly, bedridden or wheelchair bound was like before the internet.

THAT would have been like a prison sentence.

@Othereeeen Sometimes it still is a prision and don't make assumptions. Some are handicapped, blind, hard of hearing and many are poor and have no internet access.

Some have a hard time getting food, some don't hear a human voice for days and some simply couldn't use internet if they had access.  Pretty crass of you to assume it's just easy peasy like that. 

You sure assume a lot about other folks lives.  I assume it may be me or you some day.  You never know what life will give you.