Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

LOL @froggy, I think I was just trying to justify buying another kitchen anything!!!

Oh yes, it is very depressing to walk down the housewares aisles of Costco or Sam's and realize that I either already own or do not need one durned thing they have!

Frequent Contributor

I have a similar small, 8" skillet that only I use. My husband and son burn my pans so I keep it separated from the others - LOL. But I cook myself an egg or omlet in it most days. It's great for small, one-person meals or items.

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker ,I have an 8" Dash electric fry pan if that's what you are talking about. I don't really ever cook much but I do enjoy a good burger and this really is good for that. It cleans up nicely, too. Be careful, though when attaching the knob to the lid that you don't tighten too much as I learned the hard way. I cracked the plastic part, though was able to fix with Krazy glue.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dash 8" Skillet

[ Edited ]

@cozyseeker would you please tell me how deep the inside of the skillet is.  I bought the Dash brand from Macy's and am disappointed because it's a little more than 1.5" deep. Curtis' looks deeper. 

Thank you.

@froggy @Lisa now in AZ  Meant to add you both to my post.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, @coffee drinker. The inside depth of the Curtis Stone 8" skillet is about 2 3/4". I gave one to my friend with an RV and she was delighted with it. She calls it her itty bitty cooker, but will use it a lot.

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ Thank you for the reply.  The CS skillet is something I should have bought.  At least you can cook something in it. The Dash is nothing more than a glorified fry pan.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays. 

Trusted Contributor

Same to you, @coffee drinker. Yes, the CS skillet is great. I am sure he will bring it back.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo   Just as a follow up -- yesterday, I decided to try returning to Macy's even though you advised Macy's policy was I had to return to Dash directly.  Well I tried and Macy's accepted my return.  If it wasn't accepted, I would have kept the skillet.  It would not have been worth the price of postage to return as the cost was $19 or $20.  Doesn't hurt to try returning to the store.