Respected Contributor

Dash 8" Skillet

[ Edited ]

I've been looking at this skillet at Mcys for a while and just couldn't pull the plug to purchase.  So for those of you interested -- Macys has it for $19.99 with free shipping today only.  Available in only black and aqua. 

ETA -- Rakuten 10% today, too.

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

I've been looking at this skillet at Mcys for a while and just couldn't pull the plug to purchase.  So for those of you interested -- Macys has it for $19.99 with free shipping today only.  Available in only black and aqua. 

ETA -- Rakuten 10% today, too.

@coffee drinker 

I think HSN had some similar to this a few days ago.  They had an 8 inch and a 10 inch.   I thought about ordering one of them but didn't.  I didn't know if I would use it enough to purchase it.  What do you plan on cooking with it, if you don't mind me asking.

Respected Contributor

@KatieB   I have no idea what I'll cook in it.  It just the 2 of us and I generally cook enough for a small army.  But because it's my birthday in a couple of days, I treated myself.  And buying from Macy's will be very convenient to return -- 1/2 hour drive and no charge.  

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@KatieB   I have no idea what I'll cook in it.  It just the 2 of us and I generally cook enough for a small army.  But because it's my birthday in a couple of days, I treated myself.  And buying from Macy's will be very convenient to return -- 1/2 hour drive and no charge.  

I bought it last month when it was on sale.  If you return it you will have to send it back to the Dash company and not Macy's.  Read the return policy on this particular item.

I was going to return it and then decided not to bother.  I haven't used it yet.

What I don't like about it is the control knob that doesn't have numbers but only high, medium, low.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo Bummer on returning the skillet.  Don't usually read the fine print.  Shame on me.

Super Contributor

I got the 8 inch Curtis Stone one a few weeks ago on HSN. I love that it is so deep and can be used for lots of things. I have used it many times for veggies. I was pleasantly surprised at how deep it is and plan to use it for sauces soon. It is a keeper for sure.

Respected Contributor

@cozyseeker wrote:

I got the 8 inch Curtis Stone one a few weeks ago on HSN. I love that it is so deep and can be used for lots of things. I have used it many times for veggies. I was pleasantly surprised at how deep it is and plan to use it for sauces soon. It is a keeper for sure.

Yes, that's the one I saw on HSN. 

Trusted Contributor

I have both the 12" and the 8" Curtis Stone electric pans and I haven't used the bigger one yet. It is way too big for one person. The small one is great. I have made grilled cheese sandwiches, last night I made the sauce for a loaf pan lasagna, and I have and will use it frequently. I bought one for a friend fr Christmas since she and her husband just bought an RV and need small things. I thought this would be great for that.

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I have both the 12" and the 8" Curtis Stone electric pans and I haven't used the bigger one yet. It is way too big for one person. The small one is great. I have made grilled cheese sandwiches, last night I made the sauce for a loaf pan lasagna, and I have and will use it frequently. I bought one for a friend fr Christmas since she and her husband just bought an RV and need small things. I thought this would be great for that.

Yes I can see where it would be great for an RV. But I just don't see myself pulling out an electrical appliance to make a grilled cheese sandwich when it's easier to put my CS griddle on the stovetop. Maybe it's just me!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

LOL @froggy, I think I was just trying to justify buying another kitchen anything!!!