Respected Contributor

Dang it's hot.......Wanting the NINJA CREAMI but alas

i want to take a can of pineapple, freeze it overnight, stick it on this machine and have a love pineapple sorbet......sigh

it is has been so hot.  

i want the creami but just haven't been able to justify it.

so, i have been playing around with smoothies to make popcicles.  best and easy one yet is;

put in nutrabullet large container.

5 ounces of light n fit toasted coconut greek yogurt

1 frozen banana

1/2 cup of frozen fruit, mangos are my fav

add coconut water to a little over half

blend til smooth

pour into freezer pop containers

freeze until solid

yummmmm!

popcicle.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

Re: Dang it's hot.......Wanting the NINJA CREAMI but alas

@TheMemphisVette  My mouth is watering for one of those right now....this sounds so good, I will have to try this....It is so hot where I live too....

Honored Contributor

I used to make delicious "ice cream" in one of those inexpensive makers where you freeze the bowl.  I'd mix a large container of plain vanilla yogurt, fruit of choice (I liked mango) and a little sweetner.  It was so good and creamy.  I now don't have room in my freezer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I remember seeing recipes at one time for making an "ice cream" without any type of ice cream maker.  You would prepare the ingredients, put them in a container, like the long Tupperware or Rubbermaid type container, and freeze it for several hours.  Then you would go in and scrape it all out with something like an ice cream scoop, return it to the container and freeze again.  You would repeat this I'm not sure how many times.  I can't remember if this was done with standard ice cream recipes or low fat/sugar ones. That's what the Creami reminds me of.  I know low fat/low sugar recipes, even in the Creami do not come out nice and creamy unless you run it through several times.   

Respected Contributor

my chest freezer arrived this week

i have room.....woohooo

freezerfront.jpgfreezerinside.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

@TheMemphisVette   This sounds so good.  I just finished off my vanilla bean ice cream this afternoon....