Esteemed Contributor

Re: DO YOU OR HAVE YOU USED A BREAD MAKER?

Sometimes thrift stores have breadmakers; if you are debating, start with a used one from there.

Honored Contributor

Got my Cuisinart at Bed and Bath & Beyond with their coupon

Mostly use it in winter. Make sure you put ingredients in the order it says on recipe. Library is good place to find bread machine recipes, also.

I got mine on a piece of non skid 'grid' because sometimes it likes to move a little.

Respected Contributor

Had one for a while, but gave it to my older daughter who had more of a need for it. I still bake bread once in a while by traditional means.

Honored Contributor

Me too you can improvise more. Bread machine is an exact science.

Valued Contributor

I love mine, use it for pizza dough and I bake  different breads in it during the winter and Holiday seasons. I have to be careful, bread is one of my down falls. 

Super Contributor

A couple of years back I bought a Mini Zo as there is just my hubby and me, and it was freaking me out that the loaves I bought at the store would last a month if not longer. I used it all the time, then I just started using the dough cycle on it and baking the bread in the oven, using either a bread pan or dutch oven. Now I am on to sour dough bread that I just make with my kitchen aid mixer, bake in the oven and grow my own starter. If I am in the mood for regular bread or in a hurry, my mini zo is right there. 

Honored Contributor

thank you so much for all you responses.............bread is my favorite thing.............some people like rice, some pasta-me-I like bread.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catlover

I have had a bread maker for years.  One night I had a brainstorm of making cinnamon bread before I went to bed that night so that my family could have nice fresh & warm bread for breakfast in the morning.  The smell of cinnamon bread was wafting through the house at 2am and I couldn't get back to sleep for a couple of hours.  I was all but drooling!  Please learn from my mistake!!  Lol

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Valued Contributor

We had one but I buy my bread from a trusted Amish lady.  The bread machine got used less and less so I put it in a yard sale and I think I sold it for a dollar. DH used it the most for pizza dough and pretzels.