Honored Contributor

Re: DH is going out tonight, and here's what I'm going to do when I'm all alone...

On 6/17/2014 Desertdi said:

You expect to get that done in ONE evening??????????

No… but if I can get to the point of "no turning back", I won't have to listen to him tell me it's not necessary to do it. By the time he gets home it will be too late for commentary.

And to answer Lovestoteach… organizing is my stress reliever of choice, besides eating, which I'm trying not to do too much of. I change things around every few months, which is why my husband doesn't like it. He says that every time he gets to know where things are, I change it up. He's right.

Once, when he was working a night shift and got home at 1 a.m., I forgot to tell him that I changed all the bedroom furniture. He came into the room in the dark and walked into the side of the dresser. I think that might have been our first fight. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

By the way, I made good progress so I'm taking a break to watch Stephen Colbert.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: DH is going out tonight, and here's what I'm going to do when I'm all alone...

At night you're starting a project? Mine would be a total pampering and off to bed. Soothing time.

Just read the note above. Leave him a flashlight at the door! You know ""Heads UP""

Honored Contributor

house cat... I wish my stress reliever of choice was organizing! I need to cultivate that hobby... it is needed in our ""abode"" and it is a healthy choice!!! For sure! Love the idea for the HEADS UP!

Did you get it done? ~LOVES

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On the surface, it's all done and looks nice. In fact, I even have one small empty drawer that I'm so excited about! I don't have a lot of space in my kitchen, so one empty drawer is like a giant gift! I'm pondering the best use for it.

Here's the kicker, though. My garage is right off the kitchen. It's a one car garage and I made such a mess in there that I had to park outside last night. So, this morning, I have to tackle that. When you live in a small space, you can't work in one place without creating a problem somewhere else. At least that has been my experience.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 6/18/2014 house_cat said:

On the surface, it's all done and looks nice. In fact, I even have one small empty drawer that I'm so excited about! I don't have a lot of space in my kitchen, so one empty drawer is like a giant gift! I'm pondering the best use for it.

Here's the kicker, though. My garage is right off the kitchen. It's a one car garage and I made such a mess in there that I had to park outside last night. So, this morning, I have to tackle that. When you live in a small space, you can't work in one place without creating a problem somewhere else. At least that has been my experience.

We have the same problem... the house isn't big enough for all of my "stuff!" But if we had a bigger place, I'd just clutter it up, too!

Found out early on that not much could be stored in the attic without melting or gathering spiders ({#emotions_dlg.w00t})... so, it comes down to either tossing or moving stuff around!!

Here's good thoughts on finishing up that garage!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

In one night? Are you kidding?

Super Contributor

That's your big night you've been waiting for? Oh my, I pity you.

Honored Contributor

On 6/19/2014 hope-Q said:

That's your big night you've been waiting for? Oh my, I pity you.

Why would you say this?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 6/19/2014 depglass said:

In one night? Are you kidding?

Nope. I started it on Tuesday night and finished last night. My garage is in perfect order, as is my kitchen and all the cupboards. In addition, I have an empty drawer and on empty cupboard shelf and so many possibilities about what needs to fill them.

~ house cat ~
Contributor

why does your husband need to be lost in your (our) kitchen

It is the home for both of you

Why confuse your partner?