Regular Contributor

Re: DH asked for cookies...

[ Edited ]

@Tweety68 wrote:

@nana59 ,you are funny!This is my tin for hubs 

baked goodies.I always take a pic .He always says i am torturing him!First thing in the door grabs his tin from the hall ,washes and looks in!It is worth that little happy he does to make him his goodies!20190510_115221.jpg

@Tweety68 

I remember you posted about how your DH lost a lot of weight after real hard work to achieve it. These occasional goodies are a treat - right? "Sweet" rewards!😄

🍩🍪🎂

Love the tin 😍 - it has an old fashioned look. 

Honored Contributor

Beautifully done!  Our fav is homemade Mexican wedding cookies and I love toll house as well.Smiley Happy  DH hates chocolate chips.  Go figure.

Honored Contributor

@Tweety68 

Since I saw your yummy cookies -- I kept thinking maybe I should bake.  The hot weather is here (today 91🙄🙄🙄 & 77% humidity) and I never bake now.

I've had workers here all week & had to empty my pantries for painters -- I decided to bake chocolate chips & brownies with my "leftover" baking stuff from holidays. My spouse does not eat sweets -- so my gf and others had a nice treat.

My contractors were thrilled to get a fresh batch of homemade cookies & brownies to take home!  Too bad I couldn't pay them in treats😉🙂...

7CC7670E-F8F9-4364-BB57-709C436266CB.jpeg

Tomorrow they should finish up🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Wow , you are nicer than I am.   If my DH left me cleaning the oven and top and laundry to do as he walked out asking me to bake him a cake, I'd tell him he could bake his own #^$@ cake when he got home from fishing.   But that wouldn't happen in our house.

Honored Contributor

@Tweety68 

Yes, please, with cold milk. 

I'll be happy to take all homeless raisins!

Looks good.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal : DH is retired military with ptsd, memory issues and other health issues. He has been retired since 2011. He has wanted to go fishing and sit on the lake for a few hours. None of his other friends like to fish. His BIL has just retired and they have started going fishing. I finally have the house to my self for a few hours. I love my new cooktop and double oven- I am determined to make sure it is cleaned very carefully. I love having a few hours to work on my different projects. He is gone fishing now and I have 3 garbage  bags of paperwork to shred. The last time DH shredded stuff for me- he over used the shredder  and it never worked again. Plus when DH is here the tv is on maximum volume because of hearing problems. Love a little peace and quiet time. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Poor lady........

Mine retires in Oct.   I've been alone since I was 20 now 67 pray for me.

ROFL  My sister says she's watching for a murder in Tx. in the paper.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee   No matter how much we love someone it is so nice to have some occasional "chilling by myself" time.  I am having a little this a.m. too, so am catching up on household chores such as laundry.

Enjoy your respite!  And you will likely give dear husband a hug when he returns.

Honored Contributor

Re: DH asked for cookies...

[ Edited ]

@SharkE : We need an escape 🛩🛩🛩.  Your  onmy prayer list. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 : Totally agree. Thank you for the kind words.Enjoy your special time. Southern Bee