Honored Contributor

Re: DH and I have been together 35 years, but what I did yesterday could be a big problem.

I pray that you will do well on your road to healthy eating. I know how it is to love food but taking care of our bodies is so important. Sometimes it is better not to tell anyone that you want to lose weight. But since your husband is your best friend, I doubt that he will get upset if you eat something that isn't good for you.

My good thoughts and God's blessings are here for you.

Here's to good health{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: DH and I have been together 35 years, but what I did yesterday could be a big problem.

On 2/4/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

I pray that you will do well on your road to healthy eating. I know how it is to love food but taking care of our bodies is so important. Sometimes it is better not to tell anyone that you want to lose weight. But since your husband is your best friend, I doubt that he will get upset if you eat something that isn't good for you.

My good thoughts and God's blessings are here for you.

Here's to good health{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thank you. I tried doing it without telling anyone, but it didn't work. I need someone to keep me accountable.

Respected Contributor

On 2/3/2014 AuntG said:

I'm taken aback by some of the replies. To ask someone you loved for 35 years to help you work on an issue they already have under control, makes perfect sense. The fact that he had ideas in mind tells me that he cares about you very much but wasn't going to force his opinions on you unless asked. I say let him be the food police for awhile. If it doesn't work, then you might need to have him back out of the role and go to a nutritionist instead.

LOL, she's a big girl here, and has started enough posts to know what to expect.

I'll explain my reply. It's great she asked her husband, and he's right there to help. This is the part I question.

"Now, I'm getting worried.

Have any of you ever been in this type of situation, with one of you being the Food Police?"

Best friends for 35 years and she's afraid now? Why? While she may have used Food Police in jest, it's considered pretty derogatory on the internet. Many people put Police behind a lot of things just to be snotty. As a moderator on other boards for the last 10 years, we delete this phrase as it tends to draw the bandwagon out. Over sensitive? Probably, what can I say.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

It sounds like you have opened Pandora's Box.